M.A. in Translation with a Concentration in Arabic
Reach Out Today
Contact us today to learn more about our program!
Looking to get your master’s degree in translation with a focus in Arabic? Our online program can provide you with the knowledge and skills to succeed in your future career, with the added benefit of being able to learn on your schedule, from anywhere in the world. Read on to discover everything our online Arabic translation degree program can offer!
About Our Master's of Translation in Arabic Program
Thanks to the Gawlicki Family Foundation, we are able to offer Kent State’s graduate students with our online M.A. in Translation program. With this online program, our students are able to earn their master’s in Arabic translation on their own time, and from wherever is convenient for them.
Course Information for the Master’s Degree in Translation with a Concentration in Arabic
Our Arabic translation degree students will take 36 semester hours’ worth of classes within the program, which includes a case study in translation as an exit project. Full-time students in our master’s in Arabic translation program will complete courses in two years, while part-time students can complete their courses in three to six years. For details on the part-time option, please refer to our roadmap.
Numerous courses that our students take, such as Terminology and Computer Applications as well as Project Management, will cross all of our six language concentrations within the program. Other courses will be specific to the Arabic-English language pair, including the following:
- Practice of Translation in Arabic
- Arabic Scientific/Technical/Medical Translation
- Arabic Literary and Cultural Translation
- Commercial/Legal/Diplomatic Translation in Arabic
- Case Study in Arabic Translation
Admission Information for Our Arabic Translation Degree Online
Kent State’s guidelines for admission into our master’s of translation in Arabic program are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2.750 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- A CD or MP3/wav file with a five-minute oral sample in the applicant's first and second languages (conversational, not read from a script)
- Writing sample(s) in applicant's second language,1 which should be accompanied by a signed declaration that the sample is original work and that the applicant received no help in its preparation
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum79 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English Test score
For detailed information on all requirements, be sure to visit our admission requirements page, and feel free to reach out to us with any questions.
The current tuition for our Arabic translation degree program is $536 per each credit hour. There are also additional costs for specific required courses, such as the Software Localization course ($45).
Your Opportunities with a Master’s in Arabic Translation
As noted by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment rate for interpreters and translators is projected to grow upwards of 18% from 2016 to 2026, which is significantly quicker than the average for careers within the U.S.
And when students complete our online program for Arabic translation, they have the preparation needed to fill diverse roles in the translation sector. Some of these opportunities include:
What Makes Our Online Arabic Translation Degree at Kent State Different?
With our 90% graduation rate, extraordinary faculty and staff members, and the classes we have designed to instruct students on all aspects of translation, localization, and language project management, our master’s degree in translation with a focus in Arabic is quite outstanding!
Since our M.A. in Translation is offered fully online, our students are able to complete their coursework from anywhere they have access to the internet. With our online program, you’ll be able to easily access our user-friendly Arabic translation courses and fit them to your desired schedule.
Learn More About Our Arabic Translation Degree’s Online Program
Have questions for us about our online program for translation with an Arabic focus? Be sure to reach out to us!