To schedule an FAA written exam at Kent State’s FAA Testing Center, please click the button below. Appointments are no longer made directly with our staff, and testing availability can be found on the FAA/PSI website.
FAA Tests Offered:
- Aircraft Dispatcher, Airline Transport Pilot, and Flight Navigator
- Aviation Maintenance Technician: Airframe, General, and Powerplant
- Commercial Pilot & Military Competence
- Flight Engineer
- Inspection Authorization
- Instructor: Flight, Ground, and Sport Pilot
- Instrument Rating
- Parachute Rigger
- Recreational & Private Pilot
- Sport Pilot
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- $175 (All Tests)
- Pay online when registering for the exam through FAA/PSI.
Provided by Kent State:
- One sheet of paper
- One pencil
- One overlay sheet
- One dry erase marker
- Supplement book
Each applicant must provide:
- IDs containing: Current photograph, Signature, Residential address if different from mailing address, Date of birth.
- Acceptable forms of ID for U.S. citizens include: Driver's license, Government ID card, Passport, Alien residency card, Military ID card.
- Acceptable forms of ID for a non-U.S. citizen must include a passport in addition to one or more of the following: Driver's license, Government ID card and/or military ID card.
- Along with appropriate ID each applicant must have the proper endorsement for the test to be taken.
- All FAA Knowledge exams Passing Score is a 70 percent or greater.
- Applicants may bring E6B, electronic E6B, plotters, calculators (non-graphic calculators with no stored memory).
FAA Testing Center Administrator:
Updated: June 1, 2021