April 10-14, 2017
Aligned with Ohio’s Internship & Co-op Appreciation Day (April 11, 2017), Career Week presents an exciting series of activities surrounding career development, networking, career, internship and co-op search, and celebrating the career related success of students. The week will include events designed to heighten awareness of a variety of career fields, provide strategies to become competitive candidates, and deliver tools for students to conduct successful career searches.
Here's a sample of what you can expect to experience at Career Week:
- Engage with industry experts
- Receive tips on how to start your career and succeed
- Learn industry trends
- Get a glimpse into the working world in a variety of industries
- Acquire valuable job search strategies
- Network with people with similar interests.
Career Ready: The Race to the Offer
The Career Ready Contest will give students the opportunity to compete to show off their career readiness skills. Contestants will compete in 4 categories, focused on attire and interviewing skills.
- Contestants can apply via F@W with a resume. Fifteen student contestants will be chosen to compete using a rubric. They will be judged based on a rubric by a panel of university administrators and employer representatives to determine the most Career Ready student.
- Each event will be introduced with 2-3 educational slides about the section.
- April 11, 2017, Schwartz Center Auditorium from 7 to 9 pm.
Internship & Co-op Poster Competition
The Internship & Co-op Poster Competition provides students the opportunity to share their professional experiences and at the same time developing their communication and networking skills through informal discussions at their board with peers, employers, and the Kent State community.
- Time & Date: April 11, 2017, 11:00am to 1:00pm
- Location: 2nd Floor of the Kent Student Center (rotunda)
- Deadline to apply (contest entry) is Tuesday, April 4, 2017 (one week prior to the event)
- Individuals can enter to be a contestant by submitting their resume to the ‘2017 Internship & Co-op Poster Competition’ career event posting on Flash @ Work: https://flash-at-work.kent.edu/. Our goal is to get as many students involved as possible. Late submissions are not accepted.
Internship/Co-op Student Panel
Internship/Co-op Student Panel is a panel discussion of students who are currently employed in or recently completed an internship or co-op experience. The panel will address topics relating to their experience including the search process, interviewing, transitioning to the workplace, and the types of workplace projects they were engaged in.
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017 in the CUE Wifi Area, 2:00 to 3:30pm
LinkedIn Photo Friday (Professional Photos)
Students will have the opportunity to visit Career Exploration and Development to have their free professional headshot taken. Students can use the photo on LinkedIn which will boost their profile strength, and upgrade to a more professional look.
- April 14, Career Exploration and Development, 2:30 to 4:30pm
Kent Campus Departmental and Regional Campus activities
- KSU Geauga is holding its Spring “Majors & Jobs Fair,” Thursday, April 13th, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., at KSU Geauga in Burton.