- To send and receive messages you must have your privacy set to “Community” in your Handshake profile settings. For more information on privacy options and steps to update, go to Profile Privacy Options in Handshake.
- Once you’ve set your privacy to “Community”, go to https://kent.joinhandshake.com/students and under the Schools filter, click ‘Kent State University Only’
- Use the additional filters to search by class level, major, previous employers, or student organizations
- Click on KSU student names to view their profiles and learn more
- Use the blue message button/icons to send a message
- Handshake has preloaded templates to help you get started… and we’ve listed some tips on the ”Message tips” tab!
- Check your messages by clicking on the Messages tab in the top navigation bar
Connect with your community in Handshake with Messaging!
With messaging, you can connect with other KSU Students to find out about their experiences, their major, and so much more. Use filters like major, previous employer, student organizations, and more to find your people and grow your network. Search from more than 18000+ KSU Students who are ready to chat!
Be specific as to why you are contacting them; possible questions may include:
- Why did they select their major?
- What do they like the most/least about their major?
- What courses do they like the most and why?
- Are they involved on campus? If so, what campus involvement opportunities exist with their major?
- When do they plan to graduate?
- What career fields are they considering after graduation?
- Have they done any volunteer work?
- Have they completed any internships or work in the field they are studying?