Veteran Career Initiative
Thanks to a generous donation by Bob and Ann Woolf, you can be part of the first cohort of students to experience the Veteran Career Initiative (VCI)!
As a military-connected student, you have unique skill sets that employers value. Through the VCI, you will learn how to leverage these skills to help your professional growth.
Students who complete the program will receive:
- One-on-one mentorship from a professional in your field of interest
- Lessons in resume building, networking, and job search techniques
- VCI padfolio, business cards, shirt, and certificate of completion
- Stipend for professional clothing
- Access to finance professionals
- One credit hour on your transcript
- Valuable experience to add to your resume
VCI is composed of six sessions over two semesters meeting at Kent campus.
- September 2019 - Opening Session
- October 2019 - Information Literacy
- November 2019 - Mentorship Retreat
- February 2020 - Employee Readiness
- March 2020 - Financial Literacy
- April 2020 - Closing Session
Reach out to us at 330-672-7933 to learn more or apply now to this unique program!