Late elementary, middle, and high school groups (grades 4-12) are invited to visit the DI HUB for makerspace tours or targeted workshop experiences. More information about our K-12 program offerings and group information can be found below.
If you would like to bring your students to the DI HUB for a tour or workshop, please complete our DI Hub Programming Form. To ensure availability, we recommend that you complete this form at least three weeks in advance of your requested visit. We will try to accommodate specific dates but may need you to be flexible in your date preferences.
Would you like to introduce your students to the creative possibilities of makerspaces? Then a group tour of the DI HUB is a great place to start! DI HUB makerspace tours are free for K-12 groups and typically last 15-30 minutes. Our standard tours include access to our Reactor makerspace, 3D Print and Laser Cut Shop, Sewing Shop, Industrial/Robotics Shop, Electronics Shop, X_Realm XR Lab, Blank_Lab, and more!
The following workshop experiences can be scheduled as either a DI HUB program or outreach session to your school:
- Capacity - pre-collegiate programs at the DI HUB are limited to 30 students per session. The capacity of outreach sessions at your school can be negotiated based on your needs.
- Chaperones - the DI HUB requires that any K-12 school group include one chaperone for every 10 students ages 9 to 14, and one chaperone for every 12 students ages 15 to 17.
- Lunch - please let us know at the time of reservation if you plan to eat lunch on the Kent State University campus. Groups are welcome to bring brown-bag lunches to enjoy, or you can purchase meal vouchers at the DI Dining dining hall. Meal vouchers are $10.75 per person for an all-you-care-to-eat lunch within the DI HUB (voucher orders must be placed no less than 4 days before your visit).
- Parking - visitor parking is available in Kent Student Center visitor's lot located at 1087-1167 E Summit St, Kent, OH 44243 in front of the Student Center on Summit Street. Visitor parking is available for a maximum rate of $6 per visit.
- Payment - payment for K-12 programs at the DI HUB is due after completion of the program. Payment can be made in person via credit card, or via check made payable to “Kent State University.”
- Cancellation - if you need to cancel your program, please let us know via email at least 7 days in advance.
Health and Safety
The DI HUB is not responsible for any injuries or accidents that may occur during a school visit. It is the responsibility of the school and chaperones to ensure the safety of all students. In the event a visit includes use of the DI HUB’s tools or equipment, all students must have a parent and/or guardian complete a “DI HUB Liability Waiver” prior to eligibility for participation. Failure by the parent and/or guardian or participating minor to execute all required forms shall immediately render the minor ineligible for participation.
For more information about the Kent State University's policies regarding campus activities involving minors, please visit the KSU policy register.