The Marshall Scholarship funds one or two years of study at a British university in any field and covers university fees, cost of living expenses, annual book grant, thesis grant, research and daily travel grants, fares to and from the United States, and, where applicable, a contribution towards the support of a dependent spouse.
A candidate for the Marshall scholarship must:
- be a citizen of the United States of America at the time of application;
- hold their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States (by the time they take up their scholarship);
- have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 (or A-) on their undergraduate degree (exceptions will be considered only on the specific recommendation of the sponsoring college);
- have graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2010.
Candidates complete an online application and may apply to only one region and for only the one- or two-year award. The Faculty Representative at Kent State University will ensure the application is complete and make a decision on whether to endorse it. If the Faculty Representative decides to endorse the application, they will include a letter of endorsement and submit the application through the system to the appropriate regional committee.
Application Schedule and Deadlines
- Application deadline Early October
- Shortlisted Candidates Contacted November
End of the first week of fall semester of year prior to award.
For more detailed information please visit the Marshall Scholarship website.