Merit Process Calculator
- Based on the percentage of merit assigned to each category of Research, Teaching, and Service, determine the appropriate distribution of the total amount of merit funds allocated to the Department;
- Determine the score for each category for which a faculty member applies;
- For each category, separate and independent of each other, determine the total number of FEA units by adding up the scores for each person who applied for a FEA in that category;
- To determine the Unit Dollar Value, divide the total score into the merit amount for that category;
- To determine the merit amount for a person in a particular category, multiply the score times the Unit Dollar Value;
- The total FEA for a person is the sum of each FEA in each category for that person; and, finally
- Apply this system for each of the categories, separately.