Supervision and Management Fundamentals Certificate
To earn Kent State’s Supervision and Management Fundamentals Certificate, complete the four required core programs below, plus any two of the electives listed below:
Dealing with Difficult Behaviors
One of the greatest causes of workplace stress is dealing with “problem” people: customers, co-workers, employees, or managers. Most people’s reaction is to “fight fire with fire,” escalating an already tense situation. Using self-assessments, strategy planning exercises, and skill-building activities, participants will learn to:
- Assess and control reactions to difficult behaviors
- Determine which behaviors to address, which to ignore
- Effectively confront inappropriate behaviors
- Redirect explosive conversations to a more productive, solution-focused interaction
- Respond neutrally to emotionally charged messages
We can tailor this program and deliver it on-site for your employees and leaders.
Kent State facilitator Deborah Easton has been a communications coach for 30 years, and provides audiences with practical and effective advice for communicating with colleagues, customers and direct reports.
"Amazing passion for the content, fantastic energy level!"
Dan Weiss, Talent Acquisition Specialist, American Greetings