With the Ashtabula Campus since 2010
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Center for Addiction Research, Dept. of Psychiatry, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Adjunct Instructor at University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities:
- Bickel, W. K., Landes, R. D., Jackson, L., Jones, B. A., Kurth-Nelson, Z., & Redish, A. D. (2011). Single- and cross-commodity discounting among cocaine addicts: The commodity and its temporal location determine discounting rate. Psychopharmacology, 217, 177-187. doi:10.1007/s00213-011-2272-x *
- Sheffer, C., MacKillop, J., McGeary, J., Landes, R., Carter, L., Yi, R., Jones, B., Christensen, D., Stitzer, M., Jackson, L, & Bickel, W. (in press). Delay discounting, locus of control, and cognitive impulsiveness independently predict tobacco dependence treatment outcomes in a highly dependent, lower socioeconomic group of smokers. To appear in The American Journal on Addictions.*
- Bickel, W. K., Jones, B. A., Landes, R. D., Christensen, D. R., Jackson, L., Mancino, M. D. (2010). Hypothetical Intertemporal Choice and Real Economic Behavior: Delay Discounting Predicts Voucher Redemptions During Contingency-Management Procedures. Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 18, 546-552. doi: 10.1037/a0021739 *
- Locey, M. L., Jones, B. A., & Rachlin, H. (in press). Self-Control and Altruism. To appear in G. J. Madden & T. Hackenburg (Eds.). Handbook of Behavior Analysis, American Psychological Association, Washington, D. C.
- Bickel, W. K., Yi, R., Mueller, E. T., Jones, B. A., & Christensen, D. R. (2009). The behavioral economics of drug dependence: Towards the consilience of economics and behavioral neuroscience. In D. W. Self & J. K. Staley. (Eds.) Behavioral Neuroscience of Drug Addiction. Springer, New York, NY. Doi: 10.1007/7854_2009_22
- Jones, B. A., Landes, R. D., Yi, R., Bickel, W. K. (2009). Temporal Horizon: Modulation by Smoking Status and Gender. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 104S, S87-S93.*
- Rachlin, H., & Jones, B. A. (2009). The extended self. In G. J. Madden & W. K. Bickel (Eds.) Impulsivity: Theory, Science, and Neuroscience of Discounting. American Psychological Association, Washington D.C.
- Jones, B. A., & Rachlin, H. (2009). Delay, probability, and social discounting in a public goods game. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 91, 61-73.*
- Bickel, W. K., & Jones, B. A. (2008). Behavioral economics. In P. Korsmeyer & H. R. Kranzler (Eds.), Encyclopedia of drugs, alcohol & addictive behavior. 3rd ed. Farmington Hills, MI: Macmillan.
- Rachlin, H., & Jones, B. A. (2008). Altruism among relatives and non-relatives. Behavioural Processes, 79, 120-123.*
- Rachlin, H., & Jones, B. A. (2008). Social discounting and delay discounting. Journal of Judgment and Decision Making. 21, 29-43.*
- Jones, B., & Rachlin, H. (2006). Social discounting. Psychological Science, 17, 283-286.*
PhD in Experimental Psychology from Stony Brook University (2007), Master of Arts in Experimental Psychology from Stony Brook University (2005), Master of Science in Experimental Psychology from Central Michigan University (2003), Bachelor of Science in Cognitive Science and Psychology from Central Michigan University (2001)