Graduation & Commencement
Graduation Survey (available at time of next commencement)
Spring 2021 Commencement
Graduation Application Checklist
- Apply for Graduation
- Reserve Your Place at Commencement
- Guest Tickets
- Permission to Publish Graduate's Name
- Purchase Cap and Gown
- Additional Details
1. Apply for Graduation
Students who are preparing to graduate must apply for graduation BY THE DEADLINE. To apply for graduation, go to Student / Resources / Graduation / Apply for Graduation in FlashLine.
2. Reserve Your Place at Commencement
Make sure there's a chair for you during the ceremonies. Please respond to the commencement survey (click here) that you also received from the Ashtabula Commencement Office via your @kent.edu email.
3. Guest Tickets
There will be four (4) reserved seats for your guests at Spire for the commencement ceremony. You must first RSVP for Commencement (click here).
PLEASE NOTE: There will not be paper tickets for you to pick up, however, you will need to fill in a form to enter. Further directions will be forthcoming. Regretfully, we will be unable to provide any additional seats. The commencement ceremony will be live-streamed for family and friends at home. The deadline to complete the survey and reserve your seats is Friday, April 30th.
4. Permission to Publish Graduate's Name
When you graduate from Kent State at Ashtabula, there are many places that your name could be published. This includes, but is not limited to: the Commencement Program; releases to the media, which will include, name, city and degree; and the Kent.edu Web site.
Please check here to make sure the proper restrictions are either in place or lifted depending on what you want the public to know about your upcoming graduation.
To make any changes to your information restrictions, please follow these steps:
- Login to FlashLine.
- Click on Student, Resources, Requests, and Authorizations
- From the Requests and Authorizations channel, select Maintain the Disclosure of Your Directory Information
- Cancel you restriction of disclosure of directory information
5. Purchase Cap & Gown
Go to the Barnes & Noble Ashtabula Campus Bookstore to purchase your cap, gown and tassel. Contact them directly at 440-964-4225 for more information. Those graduating in Fall may purchase cap and gowns beginning in October; those graduating in Spring may do so beginning in March. Each graduate will get a certain number of tickets for family and friends that they can pick up at Student Services near the Commons in Main Hall.
You now have a degree from Kent State University, earned entirely on the Ashtabula Campus. Enjoy this evening and all the other celebrations you may wish to have commemorating all that you have accomplished.
Diplomas are mailed 6-8 weeks after commencement from the Kent Campus. If you have any questions regarding your diploma, please contact the One Stop for Student Services.
Anticipating some of your questions, we offer the following:
- Once you RSVP, and closer to Commencement, you will receive more detailed information to follow in a separate email. Letter to Graduating Students (PDF)
- The follow-up email will have very important information that you will need to complete prior to attending the ceremony, including a mandatory health screening from SPIRE.
- You will receive a check-in time for you and your guests. We ask that you please arrive at your check-in time for social distancing requirements.
- The ceremony will last approximately one hour (7-8 PM).
- You and your family will be released together by last name. We ask that you and your family proceed directly to your vehicle after the ceremony.