Spring 2020 Placement Testing Dates
Remember that you must register for a placement testing date that is BEFORE your New Student Orientation date.
|November 4, 2019||10:00am||Main Hall C210||Register|
|November 13, 2019||10:00am||Main Hall C210||Register|
|November 25, 2019||1:00pm||Library L217||Register|
|December 4, 2019||9:00am||Main Hall C111||Register|
|January 6, 2020||1:00pm||Library L118||Register|
Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 Placement Testing Dates TBD
Registration for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 New Student Orientation will begin in April. You will receive communication when it is time to register.
Placement Testing FAQ's
What is Placement Testing?
- ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing and ALEKS mathematics are comprehensive, self-paced computer testing programs that help place students into appropriate courses and maximizes the information colleges need to insure student success. Your test results are used by Academic Advisors to determine proper course placement.
Do I need to take Placement Testing?
- Our Academic Advisors determine each student's testing needs on an individual basis. Students required to take Placement Testing will receive a letter prompting them to register for an upcoming date. Registration will begin in April for Fall semester admission and October for Spring semester admission. If you are unsure of your testing requirements, please contact our Student Services office at 440-964-4217.
How long will Placement Testing take?
- ALEKS mathematics may take up to 90 minutes to complete. ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing may take up to 60 minutes to complete. Allow yourself 2-3 hours total to complete your exam.
Does Placement Testing cost anything?
- ALEKS and ACCUPLACER are administered at no charge
How can I prepare?
- Preparation materials for all of our placement tests are available online to help you show your highest potential. To find materials for the ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing Assessments and ALEKS Math Assessment, please visit the Placement Testing Preparation page.