Fall 2020 Placement Testing Dates
Due to COVID19, we will not be holding any on-campus Placement Testing. Please check your email for your next steps. If you have questions regarding your Placement Testing needs, please contact Morgan Woodin at email@example.com.
Placement Testing FAQ's
What is Placement Testing?
- ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing and ALEKS mathematics are comprehensive, self-paced computer testing programs that help place students into appropriate courses and maximizes the information colleges need to insure student success. Your test results are used by Academic Advisors to determine proper course placement.
Do I need to take Placement Testing?
- Our Academic Advisors determine each student's testing needs on an individual basis. Students required to take Placement Testing will receive a letter prompting them to register for an upcoming date. Registration will begin in April for Fall semester admission and October for Spring semester admission. If you are unsure of your testing requirements, please contact our Student Services office at 440-964-4217.
How long will Placement Testing take?
- ALEKS mathematics may take up to 90 minutes to complete. ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing may take up to 60 minutes to complete. Allow yourself 2-3 hours total to complete your exam.
Does Placement Testing cost anything?
- ALEKS and ACCUPLACER are administered at no charge
How can I prepare?
- Preparation materials for all of our placement tests are available online to help you show your highest potential. To find materials for the ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing Assessments and ALEKS Math Assessment, please visit the Placement Testing Preparation page. You can also take advantage of our ACCUPLACER Practice materials.