Salem Campus Honors Program
Application Process for New Freshman
1. Complete Kent State University at Salem application
2. Admitted students who meet the following admission criteria will receive an automatic invitation to join the Honors Program:
- 3.3 cumulative high school GPA and
- 24 Composite ACT
3. Students who do not meet these requirements but would like to join the program should contact the Honors Coordinator for possible consideration.
Current Kent State students who are not admitted as incoming freshmen but would like to join the Honors Program may apply for membership for the purposes of completing a Senior Honors Thesis/Project. Typically, this consideration occurs in the junior year.
Honors Program Scholarships
1. For the 2019-2020 Academic Year, eligible students will receive a minimum scholarship of $400 per semester, with possible increases based on academic performance.
2. All scholarship awards are contingent on the availability of funds.
3. Scholarships are renewable for up to 8 semesters pending satisfactory progress toward completing the Honors Program
4. Satisfactory progress means that each semester you will:
- enroll full-time with the majority of hours at the Salem Campus
- enroll in at least 1 Honors course (incoming freshman must take Freshman Honors Colloquium 1 in the fall semester and Freshman Honors Colloquium 2 in the spring semester)
- maintain a minimum 3.3 GPA
- participate in community service
For more information, please contact Dr. Sarah Smiley, email@example.com, 330-337-4228