Online Bachelor's Degree
We offer a fully online Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies, giving students a flexible and convenient pathway to their degree.
This option is ideal for students who:
- Wish to complete a degree they may have started but not completed
- Are looking to earn a college degree to help advance in their current or future careers
- Have completed an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree from an Ohio public community college and wish to transfer those credits toward their Bachelor's degree*
- Are a current Kent State student or a student at another university who needs a remote option to complete their bachelor's degree
The online Communication Studies program is perfect for working professionals or others who wish to earn their college degree, but whose schedules or location make travel to and from campus for in-person classes problematic. Our program requirements can be completed from anywhere in the world in which you have an Internet connection. Plus, out-of-state or international fees for credits earned through this online program are minimal, delivering significant cost savings.
If you're transferring in from an out of state school, check out our tool to see how your completed coursework fills our requirements.
Students who earned an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree from any community college in Ohio can seamlessly transfer credits toward their Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies.
Advising for Transfer Students
Our advisors are here to assist you with virtual one-on-one individual advising appointments and can guide you through the transfer process and provide more information about this online major.
CCI Undergraduate Advising
Undergraduate Advisors - 330-672-2131
To ensure smooth, goal-oriented academic experiences, each CCI undergraduate student is required to complete a 30-minute advising appointment at least once per semester. To schedule a phone or video appointment, please use the button below or select any advisor's name below to email them.
Schedule a CCI Advising Appointment
If you have a quick question (such as a problem registering for a CCI class) after completing your advising appointment, please select any advisor’s name below to email them.
- Ellie Hansen – Director of CCI Advising
- Raj Ghosh
- Hannah Jones
- Alex Silverio
- Timothy Wince