Travel Series Immunizations
DeWeese Health Center provides a series of immunizations that may be required before traveling internationally. Vaccination prior to travel is imperative to help individuals stay healthy during and after their trip.
Consider the following recommendations if you are planning to travel internationally:
- Schedule your appointment as early as possible to allow adequate time to complete all required vaccines prior to your trip.
- This includes individuals who are required to have a physical exam or obtain prophylactic medications prior to traveling.
- You may be asked to schedule an appointment with a registered nurse before meeting with a clinician. This allows the nurse to review your forms and travel plans, so we can tailor health advice to your specific itinerary.
- Check the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) Travel Information website for up-to-date disease outbreak information for specific areas of travel and additional information about treatment and disease prevention while traveling.
- Recommended immunizations may include:
- COVID-19 vaccine and booster. (We offer Moderna only.)
- Influenza (flu) vaccine (seasonal).
- Hepatitis A and B vaccines.
- Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine.
- Typhoid vaccine.
- Tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap) vaccine.
- Recommended medications may include:
- Prevention medication for malaria.
- Anti-diarrheal medicine.
- Motion sickness medicine.
A $25 NO SHOW fee will be assessed in ALL clinics if you miss a scheduled appointment.