As a healthcare provider, the DeWeese Health Center is committed to protecting your privacy and Protected Health Information (PHI).
Our Notice of Privacy Practices describes how protected health information (PHI) about you (as a patient of the DeWeese Health Center) may be used and disclosed. The notice explains a patient's rights regarding their PHI.
Download the Notice of Privacy Practices (PDF)
We are required by law to:
- make sure that medical information that identifies you is kept private
- give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to medical information about you
The following briefly describes some of the different ways we are permitted to use and disclose your PHI:
- For Treatment. We may use and disclose medical information about you to healthcare staff who are involved in your care at the DeWeese Health Center as a basis for planning your treatment and follow-up.
- For Payment. We may use and disclose medical information about you and services that you receive at the DeWeese Health Center for insurance billing.
- For the DeWeese Health Center Operations. We may use medical information to assess quality of care.
The following briefly describes some of the patient rights described in our Notice of Privacy Practices:
- Right to amend
- Right for an accounting of disclosures
- Right to file a complaint
- Right to provide an authorization for other uses and disclosures
- Right to restrict disclosure for payment when paying out-of-pocket
- Right to notification of a breach of your PHI
If you have any questions or concerns about HIPAA or patient privacy, please contact Julie Volcheck at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-8245.