Empowering students to develop their individual purpose by guiding, teaching and engaging them through a collaborative and personalized academic advising experience.
We aspire to engage students in a comprehensive and transformative advising experience that will be adaptive to the unique and changing needs of our diverse student population.
As an office we value: our students, one another, diversity, collaboration, trust, honesty, respect, and mindfulness.
THE ADVISING STAFF HELP YOU:
- Plan your coursework
- Outline and complete your Admission to Advanced Study requirements (teacher candidates only)
- Process your graduation and licensure applications
- Evaluate your transcript
- Find resources to support your academic success
THE FIELD/STUDENT TEACHING STAFF HELP TEACHER CANDIDATES:
- Learn about the placement process for field experience observation for selected courses in your program area
- Understand the process of applying for student teaching on-line and consider one of the following options for a student teaching placement:
- Over 130 public school districts in Northeast Ohio
- Out of state public school districts in Collier and Lee Counties, Florida; Clear Creek (Houston), Texas; and Paradise Valley, Arizona
- 16 countries through the Consortium for Overseas Student Teaching (COST) program
- ASEI - ASL/English Interpreting in the U.S. (if you are a deaf education or educational interpreting major)
- Link to the Career Services Center for Spring Teacher Interview Day, job search assistance and discussing career options
We hope that you will visit us often and learn about ways to make the most of your time in EHHS. We wish you much success in your academic and professional journey.
Alicia R. Crowe, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies and Academic Affairs