Prepare for Your Appointment
Effective now until the end of Fall 2020, advisors will only be available virtually. If you need to meet with an advisor please make an virtual advising appointment via KSUAdvising.
Here are some tips to remember as you prepare for a productive meeting with your advisor:
- Schedule your advising appointment in advance. At peak times of the year, it may be difficult to get an appointment with your academic advisor at a moment’s notice.
- Academic advising is by appointment only. Appointments may be scheduled online. We do not offer same day appointments.
- Show up early or on time for your advising appointment. If you are unable to make your appointment, please refer to your appointment email to cancel the appointment well in advance. Canceling the appointment may allow another student to take the open appointment time.
- Make sure to bring your KSU ID!
- Familiarize yourself with your program requirements and/or admissions and major information for the school you plan on transferring to. Explore the University Catalog for the relevant major(s) (and minor) requirements.
- Monitor your progress towards graduation. Check your GPS audit periodically through FlashLine.
What to bring
- Bring something to take notes. This help you to remember important details and deadlines.
- Bring a laptop or iPad. (Chromebooks will be available during your appointment if needed). This will help you utilize the helpful tools/resources in FlashLine
- Prepare a selection of courses. Include those that you would like to take and/or think you may need for your degree or transfer plan. Learn how to search for courses.
- Bring your Pre-Advising worksheet (PDF). This will be helpful in planning your timeline for graduation, discussing your goals and providing helpful resources to be successful!
- Bring a list of questions. Get the most out of your appointment and have all of your questions answered at one time.