Spring Orientation Meetings – These meetings are intentionally scheduled a YEAR in advance of your Student Teaching semester. Students in the following program areas who are planning to participate in “Student Teaching” during the Spring 2023 semester will need to attend a short ‘application and orientation meeting’ to inform students on timelines, requirements, and proper procedure:
- MCED, SPED, HPE, PEP, Music Ed, Art Ed, SLP, Deaf Ed, ASL/English Interp, TESL, MCLS, SHED will be meeting in Room 302 White Hall on the following dates and times. Students can walk in and attend ONE session of their choosing. There is no pre-registration required, and no fee to attend these orientations.
- Saturday 2/26/22, from 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday 3/12/22, from 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday 3/19/22, from 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday 4/9/22, from 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Note: We will be meeting with our ECDE students in designated classes during this Spring 2022 term. We will also be meeting with ADED students in designated classes during Fall 2022.
- If you are planning to participate in “Student Teaching” during the Spring 2023 semester, you will need to follow specific instructions for completing your online ‘application’ in the student portal during your designated ‘application window’, which is scheduled this semester for dates APRIL 4th to APRIL 30th, 2022. **IF you have questions on the application process for student teaching, background checks, or the required trainings for Child Safety, A.L.I.C.E., or CPR, contact your Faculty Instructor or the Director of Clinical Experience, Mike Englert, in the Vacca Office of Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.**