- IF you are an ECDE student entering Block I for Spring 2021, and you are planning to participate in a Pre-K placement experience during the Spring term, you will need to enter the “student portal” between October 12th – 31st, 2020 to complete the ‘Application’ for Student Teaching using the “Clinical Experience” link.
- IF you are an ECDE student entering Block III for this Fall 2020, and you are planning to participate in K-3 Block IV during SPRING 2021, followed by K-3 Block V Student Teaching in Fall 2021, you will need to enter the “student portal” between September 21st – October 10th, 2020 to complete the ‘Application’ for Student Teaching using the “Clinical Experience” link.
- IF you are an ECDE student entering Block IV for this Fall 2020, and you are planning to participate in K-3 Block V Student Teaching during Spring 2021, you should have completed your application last semester, Spring 2020. **If you did NOT complete your application last semester, contact Mike Englert, Director of Clinical Experience at email@example.com.
- IF you are a current ADED student and you are planning to participate in your ‘Fall Practicum’ during this Fall 2020 semester, followed by your ‘Student Teaching’ during Spring 2021, you should have completed your application last year, Fall 2019. If you are a MAT/SEED student you should have completed your application for this 2020-2021 year during Spring 2020. ** If you did NOT complete your application last academic year, contact Mike Englert, Director of Clinical Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IF you are a future ADED student and you are planning to participate in your Fall Practicum next year during Fall 2021, followed by your student teaching in Spring 2022, our representatives will be meeting with you in designated classes during this Fall 2020 to explain the application process for you to complete in the portal, during your designated application period November 1st to December 1st.
- IF you are an education major/minor in any other program area (MCED, SPED, HPE, Art Ed, Music Ed, TESL, MCLS, ASL/English Interpreter, Deaf Ed, SLP) and you are planning to participate in ‘Student Teaching’ beginning this Fall 2020 semester, you should have already completed your application last year, Fall 2019. ** If you are planning to participate in Student Teaching next year during Fall 2021, you will need to enter the "student portal" this semester between November 1st to December 1st (Fall 2020) to complete the 'Application' for Student Teaching using the "Clinical Experience" link. Go to the "announcements" link for dates and times of Orientation Meetings to learn the new application procedure. If you have questions, contact Mike Englert, Director of Clinical Experience email@example.com.
- To find the application, go to the Student Portal, https://stuportal.ehhs.kent.edu/, and log in. From the menu choose “Clinical Experience”, then choose “Student Teaching Application” and follow the prompts. If you have concerns or questions about a portion of the application, the Director of Clinical Experience is Mike Englert and he can be reached at 330-672-0541 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The student teaching application is not complete until all sections of the application have green checkmarks. If you have missed a section, your application is not complete and will not be processed.
Out-of-State Student Teaching
- Application for Out-of-State Student Teaching
- For all teacher education majors except Deaf Education and Educational Interpreting, there is a $130.00 placement fee (payable to KSU)
- At one of the following three locations:
- Collier/Lee Counties Florida
- Paradise Valley, Arizona
- Clear Creek ISD, Texas
Student Teaching at an Out-of-State School for the Deaf
- Deaf Ed Application for Out of State
- For ASL/ English Interpreting Students going to an out of state placement, please use the Application for ASL/English Interpreting out of state
- Students should complete the out of state application above after meeting with your program adviser to determine if the program will allow you to attend an out of state placement.
- For Deaf Education and Education Interpreting candidates who are assigned to an Out-of-State placement by the university, there are NO STUDENT FEES. However, students who willfully elect to be placed out-of-state in lieu of being placed at an available partnering district within Ohio, a fee of $130.00 will be required (payable to KSU), along with completion of all necessary documents.
Consortium for Overseas Student Teaching (C.O.S.T.)
- Please contact Dr. Martha Lash at email@example.com or Rose Onders in RM 215 White Hall for COST application materials.
- Local information at this website: http://www.kent.edu/ehhs/centers/ciie/cost
- More information at this website: http://www.gvsu.edu/cost/
Student Teaching Forms
All forms must be completed on-line, printed, and returned to 304 White Hall
- Student Teacher Absence Form
- Student Teaching Prerequisite Verification Form
- Registration for Prerequisite Training for Student Teaching
- Collaboration in Student Teaching Fall 2019 (Revised June 2019)
ECED Collaboration in Teacher Education
- ECED Supplement to Collaboration in Teacher Education Handbook (Revised June 2019)
- for ECED Majors at Kent Campus only
Collaboration in ASL/English Interpreting
- Collaboration in ASL/English Interpreting (Revised August 2017)
COLLABORATION IN PK-12 Special Education
- Collaboration in Teacher Education (Fall 2015)