IF you are an ECDE student entering Block I for Spring 2023, and you are planning to participate in a Pre-K placement experience during the Spring term, you will need to enter the “student portal” during this current Fall term from October 10, through 29, 2022, to complete the ‘Application’ for Student Teaching using the “Clinical Experience” link.
- NOTE: Watch this video to view the instructions and information for assisting Student Teacher candidates in completing both the online “application” and the three required trainings. See also the three attached documents.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The student teaching application is not complete until all sections of the application have green checkmarks. If you have missed a section, your application is not complete and may not be processed.
Out-of-State Student Teaching
- Application for Out-of-State Student Teaching
- For all teacher education majors except Deaf Education and Educational Interpreting, there is a $130.00 placement fee (payable to KSU)
- At one of the following three locations:
- Collier/Lee Counties Florida
- Paradise Valley, Arizona
- Clear Creek ISD, Texas
Student Teaching at an Out-of-State School for Deaf Ed and ASEI Students
- Deaf Ed Application for Out of State
- For ASL/ English Interpreting Students going to an out of state placement, please use the Application for ASL/English Interpreting out of state
- Students should complete the out of state application above after meeting with your program adviser to determine if the program will allow you to attend an out of state placement.
- For Deaf Education and Education Interpreting candidates who are assigned to an Out-of-State placement by the university, there are NO STUDENT FEES. However, students who willfully elect to be placed out-of-state in lieu of being placed at an available partnering district within Ohio, a fee of $130.00 will be required (payable to KSU), along with completion of all necessary documents.
Consortium for Overseas Student Teaching (C.O.S.T.)
- Please contact Dr. Martha Lash at email@example.com or Rose Onders in RM 215 White Hall for COST application materials.
- Local information at this website: http://www.kent.edu/ehhs/centers/ciie/cost
- More information at this website: http://www.gvsu.edu/cost/
Student Teaching Forms
All trainings and forms must be completed online. All documents and training certificates must be uploaded to the appropriate tab in the student portal, using the Clinical Experience link.
- Student Teacher Absence Form
- Student Teaching Prerequisite Verification Form
- Student Teaching Evaluation Form
- Registration for Prerequisite Training for Student Teaching
- Register Online For CPR & Child Safety Training FOR STUDENT TEACHERS ONLY!
- NOTE: Once you are paid and registered for an online Child Safety training session, you will have ’10 calendar days’ to complete the session.
- Register Online For A.L.I.C.E. Training Offered Through KSU Success
- The ALICE training sponsored by KSU is ‘free’ to our students.
- The CPR/AED training sponsored by KSU is ‘in-person’ on select Saturdays in White Hall and is currently ‘free’ to our students, with limited seating; sessions are available on a ‘first come’ basis. You must register (above) to attend.
- Students can also complete the appropriate CPR/AED training, that includes both Child and Adult CPR, for a small fee on-line through links offered by the American Heart Association, or through ODJFS courses, or the American Red Cross at the following link: https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/cpr/cpr-training/cpr-online
- Students can currently complete Child Safety training modules on-line for a small fee through the Stark County Educational Service Center. Students must register (above) in advance to attend.
- All training certificates must be uploaded to the Student Portal prior to the start of your Student Teaching semester.
- Collaboration in Student Teaching Fall 2022 (Revised 2022)
ECED Collaboration in Teacher Education
- ECED Supplement to Collaboration in Teacher Education Handbook (Revised June 2019)
- for ECED Majors at Kent Campus only
Collaboration in ASL/English Interpreting
- Collaboration in ASL/English Interpreting (Revised July 2021)
COLLABORATION IN PK-12 Special Education
- Collaboration in Teacher Education (Fall 2015)