IF you are an ECDE student entering Block I for next Fall 2023, and you are planning to participate in Pre-K placement experience during the Fall term, you will need to enter the “student portal” this current semester between FEBRUARY 27th – MARCH 18th , 2023 to complete and submit your ‘Application’ for Student Teaching. Students will be using the “Clinical Experience” link to access this document. A representative from the Clinical Experience Office will be meeting with you in advance, during the current Spring 2023 semester, in one of your designated classes to go over the application process and timeline.
- NOTE: Watch this video to view the instructions and information for assisting Student Teacher candidates in completing both the online “application” and the three required trainings. See also the three attached documents.
- Link to Student Portal Log-in
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The student teaching application is not complete until all sections of the application have green checkmarks. If you have missed a section, your application is not complete and may not be processed.
- Students who wish to include a ‘chosen name’ to their application should first submit their information with the University Registrar.
Out-of-State Student Teaching
- Application for Out-of-State Student Teaching
- For all teacher education majors except Deaf Education and Educational Interpreting, there is a $130 placement fee (payable to KSU)
- At one of the following three locations:
- Collier/Lee Counties Florida
- Paradise Valley, Arizona
- Clear Creek ISD, Texas
Student Teaching at an Out-of-State School for Deaf Ed and ASEI Students
- Deaf Ed Application for Out of State
- For ASL/ English Interpreting Students going to an out of state placement, please use the Application for ASL/English Interpreting out of state
- Students should complete the out of state application above after meeting with your program adviser to determine if the program will allow you to attend an out of state placement.
- For Deaf Education and Education Interpreting candidates who are assigned to an Out-of-State placement by the university, there are NO STUDENT FEES. However, students who willfully elect to be placed out-of-state in lieu of being placed at an available partnering district within Ohio, a fee of $130.00 will be required (payable to KSU), along with completion of all necessary documents.
Consortium for Overseas Student Teaching (C.O.S.T.)
- Please contact Dr. Martha Lash at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rose Onders in RM 215 White Hall for COST application materials.
- Local information at this website: http://www.kent.edu/ehhs/centers/ciie/cost
- More information at this website: http://www.gvsu.edu/cost/
Student Teaching Forms
All trainings and forms must be completed online. All documents and training certificates must be uploaded to the appropriate tab in the student portal, using the Clinical Experience link.
- Student Teacher Absence Form
- Student Teaching Prerequisite Verification Form
- Student Teaching Evaluation Form
Registration for Prerequisite Training for Student Teaching
- Register Online For CPR & Child Safety Training FOR STUDENT TEACHERS ONLY!
- NOTE: Once you are paid and registered for an online Child Safety training session, you will have ’10 calendar days’ to complete the session. We offer multiple sessions for you to choose from. You will need to select ONE training session from the list provided, and complete all 4 required modules offered within the session you have registered for. You will receive a ‘certificate of completion’ upon the successful conclusion of the training session. If you do not complete the training within the designated 10 day window, you will need to register for an additional training session.
- Register Online For A.L.I.C.E. Training Offered Through KSU Success
- The ALICE training sponsored by KSU is ‘free’ to our students.
- The CPR/AED training sponsored by KSU is ‘in-person’ on select Saturdays in White Hall and is currently ‘free’ to our students, with limited seating; sessions are available on a ‘first come’ basis. You must register (above) to attend.
- Students can also complete the appropriate CPR/AED training, that includes both Child and Adult CPR, for a small fee on-line through links offered by the American Heart Association, or through ODJFS courses, or the American Red Cross at the following link: https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/cpr/cpr-training/cpr-online
- Students can currently complete Child Safety training modules on-line for a small fee through the Stark County Educational Service Center. Students must register (above) in advance to attend.
- All training certificates must be uploaded to the Student Portal prior to the start of your Student Teaching semester.
Collaboration in ASL/English Interpreting
COLLABORATION IN PK-12 Special Education
- Collaboration in Teacher Education (Fall 2015)