- IF you are an ECDE student entering Block I for this Spring 2018, and you are planning to participate in Pre-K Block II student teaching in Fall 2018, you will need to enter the “student portal” between February 5th – 16th, 2018 to complete and submit the ‘Application’ for Student Teaching. Students will be using the “Clinical Experience” link to access the document.
- IF you are an ECDE student entering Block III for this Spring 2018, and you are planning to participate in K-3 Block IV during Fall 2018, followed by K-3 Block V Student Teaching in Spring 2019, you will need to enter the “student portal” between February 19th – March 2nd, 2018 to complete the ‘Application’ for Student Teaching using the “Clinical Experience” link.
- IF you are an ECDE student entering Block IV for this Spring 2018, and you are planning to participate in K-3 Block V during Fall 2018, you should have completed your application during Fall semester 2017. **If you did NOT complete your application during the Fall semester, contact Mike Englert, Director of Clinical Experience firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IF you are an ADED student and you are planning to participate in your ‘Fall Practicum’ during the Fall 2018 semester, followed by your ‘Student Teaching’ during Spring 2019, you should have completed your application by December 1st during, Fall 2017. ** If you did NOT complete your application Fall semester, contact Mike Englert, Director of Clinical Experience email@example.com.
- IF you are an education major/minor in any other program area (MCED, SPED, HPE, Art Ed, Music Ed, TESL, MCLS, ASL/English Interpreter, Deaf Ed, SLP) and you are planning to participate in ‘Student Teaching’ beginning in Fall 2018 semester, you should have already completed your application in the student portal by December 1st during Fall semester 2017. ** If you did NOT complete your application during Fall term, you need to contact Mike Englert, Director of Clinical Experience firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you are an education major/minor in any other program area (MCED, SPED, HPE, Art Ed, Music Ed, TESL, MCLS, ASL/ English Interpreter, Deaf Ed, SLP) and you are planning to participate in Student Teaching SPRING 2019, you will need to enter the "student portal" between APRIL 1st to MAY 1st of this semester (Spring 2018) to complete the 'Application' for Student Teaching using the "Clinical Experience" link. Detailed instructions for completing required documents will be provided at scheduled ‘Orientation Meetings’. Dates and times are listed on our webpage using the "announcements" link. If you have any questions, contact Mike Englert, Director of Clinical Experience by phoning our office at 330-672-0541 or by email email@example.com.
- The application is in the Student Portal, https://stuportal.ehhs.kent.edu/ . From the menu choose “Clinical Experience”, then choose “Student Teaching Application” and follow the prompts. Students should only submit their application during their designated ‘time frame.’
IMPORTANT NOTE: The student teaching application is not complete until all sections of the application have green checkmarks. If you have missed a section, your application is not complete and will not be processed.
Out-of-State Student Teaching
- Application for Out-of-State Student Teaching
- For all teacher education majors except Deaf Education and Educational Interpreting, there is a $130.00 placement fee (payable to KSU)
- At one of the following three locations:
- Collier/Lee Counties Florida
- Paradise Valley, Arizona
- Clear Creek ISD, Texas
Student Teaching at an Out-of-State School for the Deaf
- Deaf Ed Application for Out of State
- For ASL/ English Interpreting Students going to an out of state placement, please use the Application for ASL/English Interpreting out of state
- Students should complete the out of state application above after meeting with your program adviser to determine if the program will allow you to attend an out of state placement.
- For Deaf Education and Education Interpreting candidates who are assigned to an Out-of-State placement by the university, there are NO STUDENT FEES. However, students who willfully elect to be placed out-of-state in lieu of being placed at an available partnering district within Ohio, a fee of $130.00 will be required (payable to KSU), along with completion of all necessary documents.
Consortium for Overseas Student Teaching (C.O.S.T.)
- Please contact Dr. Martha Lash at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rose Onders in RM 215 White Hall for COST application materials.
- Local information at this website: http://www.kent.edu/ehhs/centers/ciie/cost
- More information at this website: http://www.gvsu.edu/cost/
Student Teaching Forms
All forms must be completed on-line, printed, and returned to 304 White Hall
- Student Teacher Absence Form
- Student Teaching Prerequisite Verification Form
- Registration for Prerequisite Training for Student Teaching
- Register Online For CPR & Child Safety Training
- Register Online For A.L.I.C.E. Training Offered Through KSU Success
- Register For A.L.I.C.E. Training Offered through EHHS (TBD)
- Collaboration in Student Teaching Spring 2018 (Revised January 2018)
ECED Collaboration in Teacher Education
- ECED Supplement to Collaboration in Teacher Education Handbook (new as of March 2014)
- for ECED Majors at Kent Campus only
Collaboration in ASL/English Interpreting
- Collaboration in ASL/English Interpreting (Revised August 2017)
COLLABORATION IN PK-12 Special Education
- Collaboration in Teacher Education (Fall 2015)