- Link to Student Portal Log-in
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The student teaching application is not complete until all sections of the application have green checkmarks. If you have missed a section, your application is not complete and may not be processed.
- Students who wish to include a ‘chosen name’ to their application should first submit their information with the University Registrar.
Out-of-State Student Teaching
- Application for Out-of-State Student Teaching
- For all teacher education majors except Deaf Education and Educational Interpreting, there is a $130 placement fee (payable to KSU)
- At one of the following three locations:
- Collier/Lee Counties Florida
- Paradise Valley, Arizona
- Clear Creek ISD, Texas
Student Teaching at an Out-of-State School for Deaf Ed and ASEI Students
- Deaf Ed Application for Out of State
- For ASL/ English Interpreting Students going to an out of state placement, please use the Application for ASL/English Interpreting out of state
- Students should complete the out of state application above after meeting with your program adviser to determine if the program will allow you to attend an out of state placement.
- For Deaf Education and Education Interpreting candidates who are assigned to an Out-of-State placement by the university, there are NO STUDENT FEES. However, students who willfully elect to be placed out-of-state in lieu of being placed at an available partnering district within Ohio, a fee of $130.00 will be required (payable to KSU), along with completion of all necessary documents.
Consortium for Overseas Student Teaching (C.O.S.T.)
- Please contact Elizabeth Kenyon at email@example.com, or Rose Onders in RM 215 White Hall for COST application materials.
- Local information at this website: http://www.kent.edu/ehhs/centers/ciie/cost
- More information at this website: http://www.gvsu.edu/cost/
Student Teaching Forms
All trainings and forms must be completed online. All documents and training certificates must be uploaded to the appropriate tab in the student portal, using the Clinical Experience link.
Registration for Prerequisite Training for Student Teaching
- Register online for A.L.I.C.E. Training (pdf)
- The ALICE training sponsored by KSU is ‘free’ to our students.
- A CPR/AED certification must be completed prior to the start of student teaching. Here are four options to choose from; however, we will accept other forms of certifications.
- Child Safety is also a required training. A free option is provided at this link: This training includes 4 modules. Either take a screen shot of the completion certificate after each module or download the last one to upload to the student portal.
- All training certificates must be uploaded to the Student Portal prior to the start of your Student Teaching semester.
Collaboration in ASL/English Interpreting
COLLABORATION IN PK-12 Special Education
- Collaboration in Teacher Education (Fall 2015)