Welcome to the Department of English at Kent State University!
The most effective advising is a collaborative effort: we need to work together to ensure that you pursue the best course of study and seek out all of the opportunities that Kent State University offers. Plan to meet with your Department Advisor regularly to make sure you are on track to complete degree requirements. We also help you build other academic skills to meet your career goals, such as selecting appropriate coursework to build one or more minors. In English, we will help you navigate the GPS system to actively participate in meeting your personalized academic goals.
Please check out our Undergraduate page with valuable information on major and minor programs along with helpful hints. Students from all campuses are welcome to join English Club and Sigma Tau Delta activities and otherwise visit the English Undergraduate Center in 204 Satterfield Hall on the Kent Campus.
To make an appointment with your Kent Campus Advisors, call the Undergraduate Studies Secretary Tammy Frietchen at 330-672-1707. To meet with your Advisor on a regional campus, please use the contact information below for your campus.
Dr. Kimberly Winebrenner
Assistant UG Coordinator
BA English Advisor
Dr. Robert Sturr
BA TESL Advisor
For Advising on other Kent State University Campuses, please contact local Coordinators and Advisors:
- Ashtabula Dr. Deborah Bice firstname.lastname@example.org
- Geauga Dr. Renate W. Prescott email@example.com
- Stark Dr. Robert Sturr firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salem and East Liverpool Dr. Judith Wootten jwootten@Kent.edu
- Trumbull Campus Dr. Noelle Bowles email@example.com
- Tuscarawas No coordinator. Please contact us at 330-672-1707 or at our email addresses listed above.