Welcome to the Department of English at Kent State University!
The most effective advising is a collaborative effort: we need to work together to ensure that you pursue the best course of study and seek out all of the opportunities that Kent State University offers. Plan to meet with your Department Advisor regularly to make sure you are on track to complete degree requirements. We also help you build other academic skills to meet your career goals, such as selecting appropriate coursework to build one or more minors. In English, we will help you navigate the GPS system to actively participate in meeting your personalized academic goals.
Please check out our Undergraduate page with valuable information on major and minor programs along with helpful hints. Students from all campuses are welcome to join English Club and Sigma Tau Delta activities and otherwise visit the English Undergraduate Center in 204 Satterfield Hall on the Kent Campus.
For more information or to make an advising appointment, please contact the Undergraduate Advisor, Mindy Uhrig firstname.lastname@example.org. To meet with your Advisor on a regional campus, please use the contact information below for your campus.
BA English Advisor
BA TESL Advisor
For Advising on other Kent State University Campuses, please contact local Coordinators and Advisors:
- Ashtabula Dr. Deborah Bice email@example.com
- Geauga Dr. Renate W. Prescott firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stark Dr. Robert Sturr email@example.com
- Salem and East Liverpool Dr. Judith Wootten jwootten@Kent.edu
- Trumbull Campus Dr. Noelle Bowles firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuscarawas No coordinator. Please contact us at 330-672-1707 or at our email addresses listed above.