Writing Internship Program
Since 1996, The Writing Internship Program (WIP) has offered a writing-intensive experience to students, blending classroom writing experience with on-the-job skills training.
As a cooperative between students, businesses/sites, and Kent State’s Department of English, the WIP has several interrelated goals:
- Expand students interests and experiences as a writer
- Develop an in-depth understanding of audience and purpose
- Learn about the functions and uses of discourse
- Gain valuable on-the-job skills and contacts, prior to graduation, and
- Enable students' to build their resume/professional credentials
Businesses/sites acquire energetic, smart, and able workers with fresh ideas. And, the department receives an opportunity to work with site supervisors on and off campus, often leading to procuring jobs for our student interns.
Given these facts, we would like to invite you to learn more about the Writing Internship Program by exploring the website or contacting our office for more information.