Apply to Hong Kong
Ready to apply to the Hong Kong program? Here’s how to get started.
CURRENT KSU STUDENTS
- Complete all required 20000 level FDM courses
- A minimum 2.500 overall GPA is required, however selection is competitive and at least a 3.00 overall GPA is recommended
- We only recommend this program for junior-level students as senior-level students will have a delayed graduation
- This program is competitive. We select just five students each spring semester.
APPLICATION DATES AND DEADLINES
Please keep a note of the following deadlines. Sticking to these will help you get a place at Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Pre-approval application: September 15 - December 15
- Program application: February 1
- Deadline for your program fee deadline: July 1
How to apply
How to complete your Office of Global Education application
Other steps you’ll need to take
- You need a passport to travel to Hong Kong. If you don’t have a passport, it’s important that you apply for one as soon as possible. You can do this through a Passport Application Center – visit the State Department’s website to find out which center is nearest to you. You’ll find more information on required documents for the passport application here.
- If you already have a passport, please check its expiration date. It must be valid for at least six months after the date you’re due to return to the US. If this isn’t the case, you’ll need to renew it – you can find guidance on how to do this at the State Department’s website. You’ll also need to reapply for an adult passport if yours was issued when you were 16 years of age or younger.
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University will submit your visa application for you. They’ll send you the visa application form and a link to pay the fee (typically around $500HKD or $70USD). Once you’ve paid this, you’ll mail the visa application and two passport photos to Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Once ready, the visa will then be issued electronically.
- You can find out more about immigration requirements at the Government of Hong Kong’s website. If you have questions about applying for a visa, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.