Apply to London



  • Complete all required 20000 level FDM courses
  • Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA


Please keep a note of the following deadlines. Sticking to these will help you get a place at Regent’s University.

  • Pre-approval application: September 15 - December 15
  • Program application: February 1
  • Deadline for your program fee:
    • Summer: February 1

How to apply

How to complete your Office of Global Education application

This application enables us to put you forward for a place on the Regent’s University Study Away program. The Office of Global Education has put together a detailed step-by-step guide on how to complete your application. 

(If you are using Chrome, you may have trouble opening the PDF).

Here’s a quick run through of how the Office of Global Education application process works
  1. The Office of Global Education will send you the application link once your pre-approval application is approved. Alternatively, go to Terra Dotta and search for ‘Kent State Fashion School - Regent’s University London Summer with Internship’ or ‘Kent State Fashion School - Regent’s University London’
  2. Click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts to go through to the application page.
  3. Fill out the components of the application checklist – a check mark will appear when you complete each item. You can exit any time and finish your application at a later date.
  4. You’ll be asked for several documents, including:
    • Material Submissions: You must turn in physical or electronic copies of these documents to the Office of Global Education. When the Office receives your documents, a staff member will check off that material.
    • Signature Documents: You’ll need to acknowledge that you’ve read these documents with an e-signature. Read these carefully. As you e-sign them, they’ll check off automatically.
    • Application Questionnaires: These online questionnaires ask for information from you or they may ask you to upload certain documents. They’ll be checked off once you submit the questionnaire.
  5. When all your items have check marks, your application is complete.
  6. You’ll continue to see new parts of the application open that you’ll need to complete. These may come up before, during and after your Study Away program.

How to complete your Regent’s University application

The aim of this application is to secure you a place on the Regent’s University program. Here’s how the process works.

Here’s a quick run through of how the Regent's University application process works
  1. The Office of Global Education will let you know if you’ve been nominated within two weeks of the Regent’s University application deadline. They’ll send you a link to the application.
  2. You’ll need to complete the application for the semester you plan to study away.
  3. If you’ve been accepted, you’ll receive an official acceptance to the exchange program by Kent State University and Regent’s University.

Other steps you’ll need to take


You need a passport to travel to London. If you don’t have a passport, it’s important that you apply for one as soon as possible. You can do this through a Passport Application Center – visit the State Department website to find out which center is nearest to you. You’ll find more information on required documents for the passport application here.

If you already have a passport, please check its expiration date. It must be valid for at least six months after the date you’re due to return to the US. If this isn’t the case, you’ll need to renew it – you can find guidance on how to do this at the State Department’s website. You’ll also need to re-apply for an adult passport if yours was issued when you were 16 years of age or younger.


You may need a visa, depending on the kind of passport you hold and whether or not you plan on interning in the UK.  

Study Away Program Visa Requirements
Summer program without internship U.S. passport holders won't need a visa.
Summer program with internship

US passport holders will need a visa to intern in the UK. Visit the UK Embassy website to see your visa requirements, or contact us at if you have any questions about applying for a visa.

International student visas

If you are an international student, you may need a visa to study and/or intern in the UK. Please visit the UK Embassy website or Consulate in your home country to check your immigration requirements. If you have questions about applying for a visa, please contact  

Financial Aid

Your financial aid could be used for the London Study Away program, or you may be able to apply for other funding. If you have any questions, Financial aid counselors can help you plan for study away. Please contact one of our Education Abroad Counselors at to discuss your options.