CURRENT KSU STUDENTS
- Complete all required 20000 level FDM courses
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
APPLICATION DATES AND DEADLINES
- Pre-approval application: September 15 - December 15
- Program Application: February
- Deadline for your program fee:
- Summer: February 15
- Fall: March 1
- Spring: July 1
How to apply
How to Complete Your Office of Global Education Application
This application enables us to put you forward for a place on the South Korea Study Away program. The Office of Global Education has put together a detailed step-by-step guide on how to complete your application.
(If you’re using Chrome, you may not be able to open this PDF).
Other steps you'll need to take
- You need a passport to travel to South Korea. If you don’t have a passport, it’s important that you apply for one as soon as possible. You can do this through a Passport Application Center – visit the State Department website to find out which center is nearest to you. You’ll find more information on required documents for the passport application here.
- If you already have a passport, please check its expiration date. It must be valid for at least six months after the date you’re due to return to the US. If this isn’t the case, you’ll need to renew it – you can find guidance on how to do this at the State Department’s website. You’ll also need to re-apply for an adult passport if yours was issued when you were 16 years of age or younger.
- Because the program means you’ll be in South Korea for fewer than 90 days, U.S. passport holders won’t need to apply for a visa.
- If you’re an international student, you may need a visa to study in South Korea. Please speak to the South Korean Embassy or Consulate in your home country to check your immigration requirements.
- Your financial aid could be used for the South Korea Study Away program, or you may be able to apply for other funding. If you have any questions, Financial aid counselors can help you plan for study away. Please contact one of our Education Abroad Counselors at email@example.com to discuss your options.