Log into Your FlashLine Account
FlashLine is Kent State’s secure online portal and is the gateway to world-class intranet services, where you will register for classes, get your transfer credit evaluation, select your preferred name and much more.
- To log in for the first time, go to welcome.kent.edu and click on "Start here" after "New user?".
- Enter your username. This is the first part of your email address (ex. "email@example.com" is "janedoe"). Refer to your admission letter for your Kent State email address and your username.
- New students are given a temporary password when their account is created. Enter your temporary password.
- The format of the password is: mmmyyxxxxx where:
- mmm = first three letters of the birth month.
- yy = last two digits of the birth year.
- xxxxx = last five digits of the Kent State Identification Number (see admission letter).
- Once you have successfully logged in with this temporary password, you will be prompted to select a new password. You are also asked to provide an alternate email address and to answer challenge questions that you can use to reset your password in case it is forgotten.
If you need login assistance, contact the Help Desk at 330-672-4357 or go to support.kent.edu.