Class Project Agreement
The Honors College permits students to create an Honors section of a standard KSU non-Honors course with the approval of the course instructor. The goal of this project is to provide students with an enriched educational experience through a course in the major or other field of interest.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
- The student must have held membership in the Honors College for at least one semester prior to the CPA and have completed at least one all-Honors class
- Only upper-division, letter-graded KSU classes may be used with the CPA
- Students may complete only one CPA per semester and a maximum of 6-credit-hours of CPA per undergraduate degree.
- The CPA cannot be used with online classes
- The CPA cannot be used for a class section already offered as Honors in that current term.
- There have been some changes to the CPA form, please read it carefully and discuss any questions or concerns you have with your honors advisor.
- Discuss the CPA option during regular Honors academic advising prior to submitting a contract.
- In consultation with the instructor, create a proposal (approximately 500 words) describing the Honors component of the class and attach it to this form.
- Attach the non-Honors syllabus. The Honors College will request the new syllabus.
- Assist the student in creating a learning experience that is richer and more sophisticated than the non-Honors section. Students should have the opportunity for in-depth research, field work, collaboration, or presentation.
- Ensure the project(s) the student wishes to complete is an appropriate addition to the existing course expectations.
- Update your blackboard sections (instruction on how to do this may be found on the reverse side of the CPA form below)
- Sign both the front of this form and the attached proposal.
- If appropriate, meet with the student outside of scheduled class time to review and discuss progress.
THIS COMPLETED FORM AND ALL APPROPRIATE ATTACHMENTS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN 5:00PM ON FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2018.