Study Away & Study Abroad
You will have a life-changing experience. Your world will expand, and your perspective about yourself in that world will never be the same.
The Honors College encourages all of its students to acquire broader national and global perspectives and appreciate cross-cultural values and achievements. Students may earn honors credit for an off-campus educational experience, domestic or international, provided the following requirements are met.
- The program duration must last a minimum of 30 days. All programs are subject to approval by the Honors College. Check with your Honors advisor for program eligibility.
- A minimum of six hours of academic credit must be earned.
- Grades of "C" or better must be earned in all courses.
- Credits must appear on the official Kent State transcript before honors credit will be granted.
The Office of Global Education provides many opportunities for students to have a rewarding study abroad experience. Some of the most popular programs for KSU students include:
- National Student Exchange
- Washington Program in National Issues
- Columbus Program in State Issues
- NYC Fashion Studio
Several of Kent State's colleges provide information regarding study away opportunities. Not all college programs qualify for honors credit, but there are plenty of opportunities for international and domestic travel.
- College of Architecture and Environmental Design
- College of the Arts
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- College of Communication & Information
- College of Education, Health and Human Services
- College of Nursing
- College of Public Health