- Résumé or curriculum vitae that demonstrates professional experience in nursing.
- Essay (300 words) describing professional goals and reasons for seeking the professional practice doctorate.
- Three letters of reference from health care professionals or academic faculty who can speak to the applicant's professional and academic abilities
- Pre-admission interview
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
Minimum 560 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
Minimum 83 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
Minimum 78 MELAB score
Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
Minimum 55 PTE score
Students selected for admission to the nursing program must meet the College of Nursing's Clinical Compliance Policy.
1. Upon admission to the DNP degree, students who hold only a CCNE- or ACEN-accredited bachelor's degree in nursing will be admitted also to the MSN degree. This will allow students to complete MSN coursework and enroll in some DNP coursework after successfully completing their first two full-time semesters of graduate study. Students must first complete MSN coursework, earn the MSN degree and obtain APRN national certification before they can continue with DNP coursework and earn the DNP degree.