Exceptional, high-level musical training with specialists on each instrument.
Each studio offers a supportive, collegial learning community for musical and personal growth.
|Diane Rechner, flute|
|Danna Sundet, oboe|
|Amitai Vardi, clarinet|
|Mark DeMio, bassoon|
|Perry Roth, saxophone|
Private Lessons and Studio Classes
Weekly private lessons are tailored to the unique needs of each student covering a wide range of solos, orchestral excerpts and technical studies.
Studio classes every week offer the chance to build community and cover special topics relevant to everyone.
- Students perform for each other, either individually, with their chamber music ensembles or as an entire studio (flute ensemble, clarinet ensemble, etc.).
- Reed making skills are developed and improved.
- Gain experience performing other instruments in their immediate family such as bass clarinet, English horn, piccolo, baritone saxophone, contra-bassoon and more.
In addition to studio classes, additional opportunities to perform include:
- Large and Small Ensembles (Click here for more information)
- Juries (a culminating performance given every semester where faculty give constructive feedback and recommendations)
- Recitals (music majors and approved nonmajors)
Degrees and Programs Offered
|B.A. Music Major||B.M. in Composition|
|B.M. Music Education||B.M. in Performance|
|M.M. in Performance|
|Music Minor||Jazz Studies Minor|
|World Music Minor||Arts Entrepreneurship Minor|
Questions or want more information?
email@example.com | 330-672-2878