International Student Admission
Below you will find information for international students who are applying to nursing programs at Kent State. For more information on international admissions, please visit the Office of Global Education's admission website.
New freshmen international applicants must finish secondary school in their home country by the time of enrollment to be eligible for university. Any student who has already enrolled in any post-secondary (higher education) institution is required to apply as a transfer student.
Transfer or Post-Undergraduate
BSN Transfer Applicants, RN-to-BSN Applicants, and Accelerated BSN Applicants
Applicants are considered transfer students if they have ever taken post-secondary/college level courses or been enrolled in a post-secondary (higher education) institution. Any student previously enrolled in a higher education institution cannot apply as a new freshman.
- International Transfer & Post-Undergraduate Application Guide
- Nursing Transfer Requirements
- BSN Admission Requirements
- RN-to-BSN Admission Requirements*
- Accelerated BSN Admission Requirements
MSN, Post-Master's, DNP, and Ph.D. Applicants
- International Graduate Application Guide
- MSN Admission Requirements*
- Post-Master's Admission Requirements*
- DNP Admission Requirements*
- Ph.D. Admission Requirements
* Under most student visas, international applicants are not eligible to complete online-based programs. We strongly encourage international applicants to discuss their eligibility with the Office of Global Education prior to applying to the RN-to-BSN, MSN, Post-Master's certificate, or DNP programs.