Transfer Student Admission
Traditional BSN Undergraduate Students
Transfer students who have completed at least 12 college credits and earned a 2.75 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) are admitted as a Nursing Major.
Enrollment in the Professional Nursing Sequence begins in the fall and spring semester each year. Admission to the Professional Nursing Sequence is competitive and is not guaranteed. To be eligible for professional admission, candidates must have a minimum grade of C in all science and math prerequisites and at least a 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) GPA or higher, both as a cumulative average and in the following first-year sciences:
• BSCI 21010 Anatomy and Physiology I
• BSCI 21020 Anatomy and Physiology II
• BSCI 20021 Basic Microbiology or BSCI 30171 General Microbiology
• CHEM 10055 Molecules of Life or CHEM10050 Fundamentals of Chemistry or CHEM10060 General Chemistry I
Transfer applicants must have completed the prerequisite sciences and a College Algebra Math* course to be considered for the professional phase of the Nursing Sequence. Students need to have completed 30 semester hours or more of college-level coursework. Students who have failed out of another nursing program are not eligible for admission into the four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Kent State University, Kent Campus also offers the following nursing programs:
LPN & Allied Health to Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Pre-licensure program designed for Licensed Practical Nurses, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Paramedics, Medics, and/or Emergency Medical Technicians
- Pre-licensure program designed for post-undergraduate, second-degree students
- Post-licensure program designed for Registered Nurses (ADN/AAS graduates) who are seeking to bridge back to the BSN degree
Students should contact the College of Nursing regarding more specific information and deadlines by calling 330-672-7930.
*Please complete the equivalent of one of the following: MATH 10772 Modeling Algebra Plus, MATH 11010 Algebra for Calculus, MATH 12002 Analytic Geometry and Calculus I, MATH 10775 Algebra for Calculus Plus, MATH12011 Calculus with Precalculus I, MATH 11009 Modeling Algebra, MATH 12012 Calculus with Precalculus II, or MATH 11012 Intuitive calculus.
Additional Requirements for students who have completed lab or clinical courses
Transfer students from another accredited BSN program who have completed at least one laboratory or clinical course must complete a transfer application for the nursing program after being admitted to Kent State University as a transfer student. They must have achieved the following for admission:
- Minimum 3.200 overall GPA in all college-level coursework
- Minimum 2.75 GPA for the required (or equivalent) science courses in Kent State's B.S.N. degree
- Minimum C grade on the first attempt in all nursing courses in the current nursing curriculum
- Good academic standing at current college or university
Effective spring 2020, students who have failed out of another nursing program are not eligible for admission the four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
Please contact the Office of Student Services at 330-672-7911 or email@example.com to discuss transfer options.