I have been teaching at Kent State College of Nursing since 2001, predominantly in the online RN-to-BSN program and MSN Nurse Educator concentration. I have a special interest in online education and the use of creative use of online technologies. Other online areas of interest include creating community of practice and maximizing group work potential.
- NURS 41000 – Concepts and Issues for Professional Nursing Practice
- NURS 47000 – Capstone Clinical for Professional Nursing Practice
- NURS 60602 – Roles and Evaluation for Nursing Education Curricula
- NURS 60592 – Nursing Education Practicum
- Caplin, M. (2017, April 14). The power of the BSN: Impact on professional identity. Podium presentation. MNRS: The Future of Nursing, Cleveland, OH.
- Caplin, M. (2017, April 7). The power of the BSN: Impact on professional identity. Podium presentation. Ohio League for Nursing Education Summit 2017, Dublin, OH.
- Caplin, M. (2016). Professional identity development in nurses returning for a BSN: A naturalistic inquiry.” Doctoral dissertation, Kent State University College of Education, Health, and Human Services.
- Caplin, M. (2016, April 22). The Power of the BSN: Impact on Professional Identity. Podium presentation. 22nd Annual Nursing Research Day, University Hospitals Portage Medical Center, Ravenna, Ohio.
- Caplin, M., Ancona, A., & Saunders, T. (2015, October 23). The power of the portfolio: Using portfolios to enhance student learning. Roundtable Discussion, The 22st Annual Conference Celebrating Teaching, University Teaching Council, Kent State University, Kent, OH.
- Caplin, M. (2015, March 13). Digital Learning Day: Interview. My Nursing Community, Pearson Publishing.