Karen L. Mascolo, DNP, RN
College of Nursing
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.; Thursday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Or by appointment
- Created the School Nursing Program at Akron Children’s Hospital, which provides school health services to over ten school districts in Summit County
- Created RESPECT, a teen dating violence prevention project, reaching hundreds of teens in Summit County, and funded by the Ohio Department of Health for several years.
- Reorganized the Shared Governance Program at a local community hospital to improve efficiencies and performance, contributing to the attainment of Magnet Designation for the organization.
- Owned and operated a per diem nursing staffing agency with branch offices in Cleveland, Akron, and Columbus, Ohio
NURS 10060 - Introduction to Professional Nursing Practice
NURS 30050 - Basic Nursing Informatics
NURS 41000 - Nursing Concepts and Professional Role Development
NURS 60014 - Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare Management
NURS 64002 - Program Development for Nurses
DNP, The Ohio State University, 2011 MSN, University of Akron, 2004 BSN, University of Akron, 2003 Diploma, Idabelle Firestone School of Nursing, 1987
Shared Governance School Health Teen Dating Violence Millennial Student Teaching Strategies Nursing
- 2019, Faculty Academy for Student Success
- 2019-20, Kent State University Teaching Scholar