Marilyn S. Nibling DNP, APRN, NNP-BC, PNP-BC
I am a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner with 17 years of experience, currently working for Akron Children's Hospital at the Summa Akron City Campus. I have also been Clinical Faculty for Kent State University for 9 years and The University of Akron for 5 years. I have management experience and served as Director, Nursing Patient Services at Akron General Medical Center (1994-1998). I received the Barbara Donaho Distinguished Leadership in Learning Award in 2008, and The Debra Seiber Nursing Excellence award 2014. I am currently Clinical Ladder V at Akron Children's Hospital and a member of Sigma Theta Tau, Nursing Honor Society.
My doctoral project was SIDS Risk Reduction and focused on nurse's knowledge about infant safe sleep and SIDS risk reduction strategies. I also have interests in neonatal abstinence syndrome, quality improvement projects, and Low English Proficiency patients and families in the NICU environment.
- NURS 30010 - Parent and Newborn Nursing (Clinical Instructor)
- NURS 60025 - Health Policy and Advanced Nursing Practice
- NURS 61095 - Advanced Informatics
- NURS 70680 - Population Health
- 2015, Care Ladder V Akron Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- 2014, Debra Seiber Nursing Excellence Award
- 2008, Barbara Donaho Distinguished Leadership in Learning Award
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing