I have served as Associate Dean for Research for the Kent State College of Nursing since 2008 while holding a joint appointment as Co-Director Nursing Research, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio. Participating in and supporting research and scholarly work has been integral to my professional activities for over 15 years. I have received funding for my program of research on nursing care delivery models and outcomes from federal and professional organizations.
- NURS 70745 – Advanced Topics in Quantitative Research Methods
- Filer, H.M., Beringuel, B.L, Frato, K., Saenyakul, P., & Anthony, M.K. (In press). A pilot study of pediatric patient safety. Interruptions in Preanesthesia Nursing Workflow. Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing.
- Farag, A., & Anthony, M. K. (2015). Examining the relationship among ambulatory surgical settings work environment, nurses’ characteristics and medication error reporting. Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing, 30, 492-503.
- Travis, L., & Anthony, M. K. (2011). Energizing the research enterprise at non-academic health center Schools of Nursing. Journal of Professional Nursing, 27(4), 215-220.
- Abdrbo, A., Hudak, C. A., Anthony, M. K., & Douglas, S. L. (2011). Information systems use, benefits, and satisfaction among Ohio registered nurses. CIN: Computer Informatics in Nursing, 29(1), 59-65.
- Anthony, M. K., & Vidal, K. (2010). Mindful communication: A novel approach to improving delegation and increasing patient safety. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 15(2), Manuscript 2. DOI: 10.3912/OJIN.Vol15No2Man02.
- Anthony, K. E., Wiencek, C., Bauer, C., Daly, B. J. & Anthony, M. K. (2010). No interruptions please: The impact of a no interruption zone on medication safety in the ICU. Critical Care Nurse, 30(3) 21-29 DOI:10.4037/ccn2010473.
- Farag, A., Tullai-McGuinness, S., & Anthony, M. K. (2009). Nurses’ perceptions of their nurse managers’ leadership style and unit climate: Are there generational differences? Journal of Nursing Management, 17, 26-34.
- Abdrbo, A., Hudak, C., Anthony, M. K., & Douglas, S. (2009). Moderating and mediating role of nurses' beliefs: Information system use among Ohio nurses. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 31, 110-127. (Sage Best Faculty paper 2008 MNRS/WJNR).
- Standing, T. S., & Anthony, M. K. (2008). The meaning of delegation to acute care nurses. Applied Nursing Research, 21, 8-14.
- Anthony, M. K., & Tullai-McGuinness, S. (2008). Decision making, autonomy, and control over practice: Are there variations across generational cohorts. Journal of Nursing Administration, 38, 211.
- Anthony, M. K., & Hudson-Barr, D. (2004). A Patient-Centered model of care for hospital discharge. Clinical Nursing Research, 13, 117-136.
- Anthony, M. K., Standing, T. S., Glick, J., Duffy, M., Paschall, F., Sauer, M., Sweeney-Kosty, D., Modic, M. B., & Dumpe, M. (2005). Leadership and nurse retention: The pivotal role of nurse managers. Journal of Nursing Administration, 35, 146-155.
- Anthony, M. K. (January 31, 2004). Shared governance models: The theory, practice, and evidence. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing. Vol. #9 No. #1, Manuscript 4. Available: www.nursingworld.org/ojin/topic23/tpc23_4.htm
- Anthony, M. K., & Preuss, G. (2002). Models of care: The influence of nurse communication on patient safety. Nursing Economic$, 20, 209-215.
- Anthony, M. K., Standing, T., & Hertz, J. E. (2001). Nurses’ beliefs about their abilities to delegate within changing models of care. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 32, 210-215.
- Brennan, P. F., & Anthony, M. K. (2000). Measuring nursing practice models using multiattribute utility theory. Research in Nursing and Health, 23, 372-382.
- Eminent Mentor Scholar of the College of Education and Human Services, Cleveland State University
- High Scholarship Abstract Award Winner, Summer Institute for Nursing Informatics, Baltimore, MD
- Honor a Researcher Award, Midwest Nursing Research Society, Health Systems and Policy Research Section
- Distinguished Nursing Alumnus Award, Ursuline-St. John College
- Special Visiting Research Professor. Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Santa Catarina, Brazil