Tracey Motter, DNP, RN
I have been a practicing nurse for 30 years. My clinical experience includes critical care, post-anesthesia, med-surg nursing, home and hospice care nursing. I have taught diploma and baccalaureate nursing students at all levels of the curriculum. I began my leadership role at Kent State College of Nursing in 2007 as the Director of the Accelerated BSN program and have continued to expand my role to the Associate Dean of the Undergraduate Programs. In this role, I am responsible for the traditional BSN program, the Accelerated BSN program, and the RN to BSN program.
My research interests are in student success and transition to practice in the RN role. I have been awarded Robert Wood Johnson New Careers in Nursing funding for five consecutive years, a simulation grant for theatre students, and self-care initiative funds from Donna Karan's Urban Zen Foundation. I have received numerous teaching awards including the Outstanding Faculty Award at the college level and the Outstanding Teaching Award by the Kent State University Teaching Council. I have presented and published on a variety of nursing topics. I also have 17 years experience teaching NCLEX review courses.
- NURS 45060 - NCLEX Review
- NURS 47000 - Capstone Clinical for Professional Nursing Practice
- Drew, B., Motter, T., Ross, R., Bozeman, M., Goliat, L., Sharpnack, P., Govoni, A, & Rababah, J. (2016) Care for the caregiver: Evaluation of mind-body-self-care for accelerated nursing. Holistic Nursing Practice, 30.
- Adamle, K., Riley, T. & Carlson, T. (2009) Evaluating college student interest in pet therapy. Journal of American College Health, 57, 1-4.
- 2017, Choose Ohio First Scholarship Grant, Ohio Department of Higher Education
- 2014, Kent State University Mothers, Mentors, and Muses, Kent State University
- 2012, Innovations in Professional Nursing Education Award, American Association of College of Nursing
- 2006, Honorable Mention, Kent State Alumni Association
- 2005, 2007, 2009, Teacher of the Year Award, Kaplan Education Centers
- 2005, NOCHE Award for Teaching Excellence, Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education
- 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, Student Applause Cards, Kent State University
- 2004, Outstanding Teaching Award, Kent State University Teaching Council
- 2001, 2003, Outstanding Faculty Award, Kent State College of Nursing
- 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, Outstanding Teaching Team Award: University Orientation, Kent State University
- 1996, Laurels Chester of Mortar Board, Faculty Recognition, Kent State University