Grant Services and Resources
The Center for Nursing Research offers services, consultation and resources throughout all pre- and post-award phases of research, including:
- Grant development and consultation
- Review of proposals
- Methodological and statistical support
Grant proposal and manuscript writing and editorial assistance
Pre- and post-award budgeting assistance
- Funding opportunities
- Dissemination opportunities
- Interagency and interoffice support
- Student assistance with pre-doctoral funding awards and dissemination
For more information or assistance with your proposal, contact Denise Karshner, Grants Administrator, at 330-672-8836 or firstname.lastname@example.org
These resources may help you with your research.
Table of Contents
These templates can be used to develop poster presentations. There are 8 templates in total, a 3-column and a 4-column template for each combination of style/format below:
- Template styles – Light and Bold. The Light templates have a white background and little splashes of color. The Bold templates have more color, a moderately darker background, and white text.
- Template formats – Modern and Traditional. The Modern format aligns the Poster Title to the left of the presentation and the logo to the right. The Traditional format aligns the Poster Title in the center and the logo to the left.
Kent State offers the following services to assist you in your research.
Assists students and faculty with obtaining public and private funding
- Oversees all pre- and post-award activities
- Sets forth standards for all research activity on campus
Provides necessary forms for principal investigators to initiate and continue research projects
- Ensures that ethical principles are applied to any research project using human participants
Meets regularly to review applications for research using human participants
- Offers award-winning resources and staff
- Assists with locating nursing resources
Contact: Ryan McLaughlin at 330-672-1658 or email@example.com.
Provides opportunities, leadership, and support for the scholarly and professional endeavors of Kent State faculty (located in Moulton Hall)
- Offers workshops on using technology for presentations
Offered by Lynette Phillips, Ph.D., MSPH, from the College of Public Health on a weekly basis at the Center for Nursing Research located in Henderson Hall, 214.
Contact: Lynette Phillips at 330-672-6324 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional assistance is available through the University Library’s Statistical Consulting Office which provides one-on-one statistical and qualitative software consulting services to all Kent State faculty, staff, and student researchers at any stage of the research process.
Assistance is available M-F by appointment in Room 812, University Library. Group instruction and online tutorials on a variety of statistical software packages are also available.
Contact: Kristin Yeager at 330-672-8548 or email@example.com.
University Research Council (URC) encourages research efforts by Kent State faculty by providing financial support for scholarly work. Awards range from $100 to $2,500 ($3,500 for projects involving undergraduate students) and cover research-related expenses such as materials, supplies, travel, conferences, publication costs, and guest speakers.
URC also provides support for undergraduate research activities. In addition to faculty awards ($3,500) for projects involving undergraduate research, undergraduate students may be awarded up to $500 for research projects guided by a faculty advisor through the Undergraduate Research Scholars Program.
Questions pertaining to URC may be directed to Peggy Kramer at 330-672-0709 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dr. Richard A. Zeller Nursing Research Fund is available to support nursing research by doctoral students and junior faculty in the Kent State College of Nursing. A maximum of three awards of up to $2,500 will be made each academic year, subject to available funding.
- Agency for Heath Care Research and Quality
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Healthy People 2020
- Institute of Medicine
- National Cancer Institute
- National Institute of Health
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Institute of Nursing Research
- Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools (RePORT)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- World Health Organization
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Nurses Foundation
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- National League for Nursing
- National League for Nursing. Nursing Education Research
- National Science Foundation
- Oncology Nursing Society
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Sigma Theta Tau International