Sarah Bixler, MSN, RN
My hospital nursing experience has included bedside and administrative responsibilities. I have primarily cared for patients recovering from orthopaedic and bariatric surgery. I served for eight years in management positions on a 34-bed surgical unit. I worked with nurses, managers, and administrators while I was a Nursing Quality Coordinator to help improve outcomes through data measurement and analysis and implementation of evidence-based practices. I returned to the bedside in 2013 and continue to work as a staff nurse a couple of days a month. In each of my nursing roles, I have most enjoyed the opportunities to teach others. I was honored to join the faculty at the College of Nursing as a full-time faculty member in 2015.
- NURS 20030 - Foundations of Nursing Interventions
- NURS 20040 - Fundamentals of Nursing
Poster & Abstract Publications
Bartholomew, J. R.; Militello, M;.; Patrick, R.; Kandpal, S.; Bulgar, A.; Bixler, S.; Klein, D.; Skowronsky, C.; Li, I.; Rosenbaum, K.; Gomez, E.; Goodman, J.; Marchant, K.; Phillips, S.; Sakenes, S. (2012) Revisiting the Heparin Nomogram: Leveraging Technology to Improve Quality [POSTER] presented at 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology in Atlanta, Georgia, December 8, 2012 and [ABSTRACT] published online in the November 16, 2012 supplemental volume of Blood.
- 2020. Reviewed Chapter 27: The Integumentary System in the Core Curriculum for Medical-Surgical Nursing for the 6th Edition to be published in 2021.
- 2017. Contributor/Reviser for Chapter 35: Medication Administration in Yoost & Crawford’s Fundamentals of nursing: Active learning for collaborative practice [Textbook]. Revised both content and skills for the text’s second edition.
- Barbara Donaho Distinguished Leadership in Learning Award, 2018
- The DAISY Faculty Award Nominee, 2016 & 2018