Mission and Vision
To provide leadership in fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment for the campus community and beyond.
To become a world-renowned university where the collective actions of the campus community transform and sustain equity, access and social justice in higher education.
- Centering the voices and experiences of historically marginalized communities.
- Educating on historic harms, justice-oriented ideals and anti-racism and equity practices.
- Empowering individuals to advance diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice at Kent State and beyond.
- Collaborating in building strong coalitions to strengthen diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- Advocating for the success, respect and inclusion of all marginalized communities.
- Evaluating institutional policies and practices to eliminate barriers and advance equity and equal opportunity.