Pi Sigma Alpha - The National Political Science Honor Society
The Kent State University chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, the political science honor society, is one of the oldest in the country. Our chapter proudly recognizes students of political science who excel academically.
Members of the Kent State University chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha receive recognition for their achievements as well as all of the benefits of membership in the National Honor Society. These include eligibility for competitive, members-only scholarships for graduate study and internships in Washington D.C. and awards for exceptional academic work. Updates on activities and programs sponsored by the National Honor Society are available at the Pi Sigma Alpha webpage.
Applications for the Kent State University Pi Sigma Alpha chapter can be downloaded by clicking below and submitted via email to the chapter advisor, Dr. Christopher Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who meet the eligibility requirements will be inducted into the National Political Science Honor Society at an induction and recognition dinner, generally held in the spring semester.
Eligibility requirements for the Kent State University chapter include:
- Political Science or International Relations major or minor
- Completion of half of the credit hours required by the University for an undergraduate degree (60)
- Accumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Political Science GPA of at least 3.2
- GPA which falls within the top 1/3 in class rank
- 12 hours of Political Science, 3 hours must be at 3000 level or higher; these hours must be completed before the semester in which the application is being made
- Recommendation of 2 faculty members, at least one of whom must have taught the applicant
- $65.00 one-time Membership Fee, paid upon acceptance into Pi Sigma Alpha
Students can direct questions to the Pi Sigma Alpha Chapter Advisor, Dr. Christoper P. Banks (email@example.com).