Speeches & Communications
President Diacon Discusses Senate Bill 83, Proposed State Budget During Latest ‘Talking With Todd’
More than 530 employees joined Kent State University President Todd Diacon for his latest edition of “Talking With Todd.” (5/1/23)
Reminder: Talking With Todd Today at 2:30 p.m.
President Diacon invites faculty and staff to take part in a new live video chat, Talking With Todd. (5/1/23)
Talking With Todd - May 1
President Diacon invites faculty and staff to take part in a new live video chat, Talking With Todd. (4/24/23)
Talking With Todd - Feb 9
President Diacon invites faculty and staff to take part in a new monthly live video chat, Talking With Todd. (2/9/23)
Reminder: Talking With Todd Today at 11 a.m.
President Diacon invites faculty and staff to take part in a new monthly live video chat, Talking With Todd. (12/18/22)
Finalists Selected For Vice President For Research And Sponsored Programs
President Diacon is pleased to announce the search committee has completed the initial phase of its national search, recommending three finalists for the position of vice president for research and sponsored programs. (11/21/22)
Talking with Todd - Nov 3
President Diacon invites faculty and staff to take part in a new monthly live video chat, Talking With Todd. (10/28/22)
University Budget Update
President Diacon's communication to faculty and staff about the university's budget. (10/14/22)
Indigenous Peoples Day
President Diacon's message about Indigenous Peoples Day 2022. (10/10/22)
Search For Vice President For Research And Sponsored Programs
President Diacon announces the launch of Kent State's national search for an accomplished and collaborative leader to serve as our vice president for research and sponsored programs. Working to maintain momentum as an R1 institution, Kent State is now moving forward in identifying permanent leadership for the Division of Research and Sponsored Programs. (9/26/22)
President Diacon announces the appointment of Joseph Ortiz, Ph.D., as the Kent State Presidential Fellow. (8/31/22)
Reminder: Talking With Todd Today At 3 P.M.
President Diacon reminds faculty and staff to take part in a new monthly live video chat, Talking With Todd. (8/30/22)
Reminder: Talking With Todd This Tuesday at 3 p.m.
President Diacon reminds faculty and staff to take part in a new monthly live video chat, Talking With Todd. (8/29/22)
Talking with Todd - Tuesday, Aug. 30
President Diacon invites faculty and staff to take part in a new monthly live video chat, Talking With Todd. (8/23/22)
Thankful for Our Golden Flashes Family, 2021
This Thanksgiving, we have the opportunity to consider three words that begin with “m.” In the history of presidential communications, the words “mask,” “mandate” and “mashed potatoes” (OK, that’s four words) have perhaps never appeared together.
Black History Month 2020
President Diacon's remarks at the 2020 Black History Month Celebration.
Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration, 2020
President Diacon's remarks at the 2020 Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration
Introduction of Mitch Landrieu
President Diacon's introduction of Mitch Landrieu, Presidential Speaker Series.
Veterans Day Commemoration 2019
President Diacon's remarks at the 2019 Veterans Day Commemoration.
President Diacon’s Inaugural Address
Plane Dedication and Aeronautics Expo
President Diacon's remarks at College of Aeronautics and Engineering EXPO and Plane Dedication.
FedEx Academic Center Grand Opening
President Todd Diacon's remarks at FedEx Academic Center Grand Opening.
Convocation Class of 2023
President Todd Diacon's remarks at convocation.
President Todd Diacon in the News
- 2022 Crain’s Power 150
- Kent State president addresses accessibility, affordability in higher education
- Kent State University receives prestigious R1 research status by Carnegie Classifications
- Kent State University earns national research classification
- Kent State president outlines drive to seek 'win-win' scenarios with local communities
- Kent State University issuing COVID-19 vaccine requirement, with exemptions
- Kent State launches scholarship program available to thousands of students
- Kent State awards full-tuition scholarships to about a third of student body
- Kent State celebrates graduates with smaller, outdoor, in-person ceremonies
- 51st commemoration of May 4, 1970, shootings at Kent State will once again be virtual
- Kent State University president calls for tougher state hazing legislation
- Ohio college presidents support enhanced anti-hazing legislation, Kent State president says
- Kent State president shares what fall semester could look like, ‘approaching normal’
- Kent State will restore salary reductions prompted by the pandemic
- Crain’s 2020 Power 150
- Northeast Ohio business leaders reflect on a tumultuous 2020 and look ahead to 2021
- Kent State Offers Mass Coronavirus Testing; In-Person Classes Continue Until Thanksgiving Break
- Colleges are preparing for parties and protests on election night and in the following days
- Leading A University In Uncertain Times
- Forbes names Kent State University top employer in northeast Ohio
- Kent State Officials Praise School's Reopening During Pandemic
- Kent State students hold unity march amid investigation into racist graffiti
- Kent State speaking out against new ICE policy for international students
- Kent State University President Paints a Picture of What College Life Will Look This Fall
- ‘This too will pass’: Diacon congratulates spring KSU 2020 grads in virtual ceremony
- Kent State alumni wounded on May 4, 1970 to serve as commencement speakers
- KSU Commencement to Feature Students Wounded May 4, 1970
- David Crosby, Joe Walsh to hold Kent State benefit concert
- Joe Walsh, David Crosby to headline Kent State's May 4, 1970 commemoration concert
- Inaugural class at LeBron James' school to receive free tuition to Kent State
- Students from LeBron James' school surprised with free college tuition for 4 years
- 2019 year in review: Education
- Kent State receives $2 Million Choose Ohio First grant
- Kent State moves forward with new parking deck, Fashion School expansion
- Kent State University sets plan to build its first parking deck
- $29M parking deck OK'd for Kent State
- Along the Way: KSU inaugural, Davey Tree anniversary positive milestones
- Business news briefs, Oct. 7, 2019: New KSU president joins Team NEO board
- New Kent State president touts graduation goals at inauguration
- Kent community celebrates inauguration of Todd Diacon as 13th president
- Kent State believes new president's familiarity with university can breed success
- Kent State's new president Diacon shares his priorities
- Todd Diacon makes first appearance as KSU president
- Remember, reflect, renew: Kent State prepares for yearlong 50th Commemoration
- Kent State remembers May 4, 1970, tragedy with speeches, songs
- Who is Todd Diacon, Kent State University’s next president?
- Kent State taps current provost Todd Diacon as next president
- Kent State University names Dr. Todd Diacon new president
- Kent State celebrates construction launch of new Design Innovation Hub
- Kent State names first director of Brain Health Research Institute
- In the midst of enrollment decline, Kent State looks for transfer students to fill the gaps
- Kent State enrollment falls 3.2% but freshmen set record
- Visas issued to foreign students are falling, which has an impact on universities' bottom lines