IMPORTANT: Advising options for Psychology Majors on the Kent Campus have recently changed. Read below to learn more about your advising options.
- Psychology Majors with General Advising questions should consult with the College of Arts & Sciences Advising Office. You can learn more and schedule an appointment with an academic advisor from the College of Arts and Sciences below. Pre-Medicine Psychology majors also have the option to email Dr. Jill Folk (firstname.lastname@example.org) for advising recommendations and assistance.
- Specific Psychology Major/Minor-questions related to Transfer Institution Course Equivalencies, Exception/Substitution Requests, Major/Minor Requirements, Psychology Course Overrides please email Undergraduate Faculty Coordinator, Dr. Jill Folk (email@example.com) for assistance.
- For Psychology Career and Graduate School-related questions and advising, learn more about our faculty members' areas of expertise and how to request a Faculty Advisor below.
- Finally, Psychology majors should visit the following webpages to learn more about our Majors (BA/BS), Concentrations, Minors, and Course Offerings (click here), Internships & Internship Process (click here), and Research Experience Opportunities & Process (click here).
All other Psychology-Advising-related questions outside of the categories above should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Arts & Sciences Advising
Every Kent Campus student majoring in psychology is assigned an Academic Advisor in the College of Arts and Sciences. The College of Arts and Sciences Advising Office is located in Bowman Hall 105. Schedule an appointment to meet one-on-one with an Academic Advisor in the College of Arts and Sciences, which can be done by clicking the link below, for the following reasons:
- Plan classes for next semester
- Review and update your GPS Plan
- Ensure that you are on track for a timely graduation
- Interpret general University policies and procedures (e.g., Kent Core and Foreign Language requirements)
- Answer questions about a major change within the College of Arts & Sciences
- Acquire information about campus resources and academic assistance
The College of Arts & Sciences Advising Office in Bowman Hall 105 also offers remote same day Quick Question Advising meetings that can be scheduled throughout the KSU Advising link. To schedule an advising appointment with an Arts & Sciences advisor, you must schedule a formal appointment.
Department of psychological sciences FACULTY ADVISING
All Kent Campus undergraduate psychology majors are strongly encouraged to select a Faculty Advisor to work with. Faculty Advisors most commonly advise undergraduate psychology majors on graduate school preparation and graduate school plans, opportunities for involvement in research, and strategies to make the most of their time at Kent State University. Click on the blue button below to learn more about Faculty Advising and the process for how to request a Faculty Advisor.
The Kent Campus Department of Psychological Sciences Undergraduate Team:
Jocelyn (Jill) Folk, Ph.D. is the Undergraduate Coordinator and Associate Professor of Psychology. Jill received her Ph.D. in Psychology at the University of South Carolina.
Office: Kent Hall Addition 205