IMPORTANT: Advising options for Psychology Majors on the Kent Campus have recently changed. Read below to learn more about your advising options.
Every student majoring in Psychology is assigned an Academic Advisor in the College of Arts & Sciences. You are able to meet with that person, or another Arts & Sciences advisor, for the following purposes:
- General advising questions regarding the psychology major or minor
- Planning classes for next semester
- Review and update your GPS plan
- Ensure you are on track to graduate
- Interpret general University policies and procedures (e.g., Kent Core requirements)
- Answer questions about a major change within the College of Arts & Sciences
- Acquire information about campus and academic resources
The College of Arts & Sciences is located in Bowman Hall room 105 and also offers remote same day advising and drop-in advising options.
The Department of Psychological Sciences has its own undergraduate advisor who can answer specific major/minor questions such as:
- Transfer institution course equivalencies
- Exception/substitution requests
- Major/minor requirements
- Psychology course overrides
To schedule an advising appointment with the Psychology Academic Advisor, Stephanie Bibo (firstname.lastname@example.org) follow the link above.
Pre-Medicine Psychology Majors
Psychology majors in the pre-medicine/pre-podiatry concentration have the option of contacting the Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Dr. Jill Folk (email@example.com) or scheduling with Pre-health programs advisor, Erin Lawson (firstname.lastname@example.org). To schedule with Erin Lawson, follow this link.
The Kent Campus Department of Psychological Sciences Undergraduate Team:
Jocelyn (Jill) Folk, Ph.D. is the Undergraduate Coordinator and Associate Professor of Psychology. Jill received her Ph.D. in Psychology at the University of South Carolina.
Office: Kent Hall Addition 205
UNDERGRADUATE PSYCHOLOGY ACADEMIC ADVISOR
Stephanie Bibo is the Undergraduate Psychology Academic Advisor. Stephanie received her B.A in Psychology with a concentration in Counseling Careers from Kent State University.
Office: Kent Hall 144