PSI CHI - The International honor society in psychology
Description/Purpose of Organization: Psi Chi is an international honor society whose purpose shall be to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology.
Expectations of Members: Members are expected to attend bi-weekly meetings held every other Tuesday at 8:00 pm via google meets. Meetings can be joined by clicking here on meeting nights. The meeting schedule can be found on our website kentpsichi.weebly.com. Members are expected to maintain academic excellence throughout membership.
Eligibility Requirements: All students who are psychology majors or minors may join Psi Chi. There are two levels of membership: Junior and Official Members. Junior members are freshmen and first semester sophomores. Official Members must be at least a second semester sophomore with a 3.0 GPA and at least 9 credit hours in psychology.
How to Join: Complete the applications below:
Application Deadlines: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, however if submitted after the upcoming deadlines below it may not be considered or reviewed until the following semester.
- Applications are due on October 28th, 2020 for the Fall 2020 semester.
Questions or Concerns?
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , visit our website kentpsichi.weebly.com, or contact one of the 2020-2021 Executive Board officers below:
President: Elizabeth Straub (email@example.com)
Vice President: Addie Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary: Alexis Thomas (email@example.com)
Treasurer: Lauren Wyatt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Historian: Sydnee Shankel (email@example.com)
Membership Chair: Katie Carrick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Social Chair: Maria Cimino (email@example.com)
Psychology Peer Mentor Program
Description/Purpose of Organization: The Psychology Peer Mentor Program is a student organization that is dedicated to fostering a fun and successful college experience. Freshmen, sophomores, and "newer" Psychology majors (or minors) as well as Exploratory majors (with an interest in psychology) will be paired with an experienced, upperclassman mentor based on interests and career goals. Events will be held throughout the year to give students a chance to connect with other students, graduate students, and faculty. This organization is 100% free to join!
Expectations of Members:
- Mentors are expected to help their mentee in any way they can and establish a mentoring relationship that the mentee is comfortable with. Mentors are expected to meet with their mentee at least once a month to check up and answer questions. Mentors should strive to attend organizational and departmental events to help provide mentees with different perspectives and to help connect their mentees with important people and resources.
- Mentees are expected to ask questions of their mentor, have a desire to learn more about their interest in psychology, get involved in the Department/on-campus, and, most importantly, have fun. Mentees are required to meet with their mentor at least once a month. Mentees should be willing to grow as a student and a person, and should strive to attend organizational and departmental events whenever possible.
Eligibility Requirements: Those applying to become a MENTOR must either (1) be a psychology major (at least a second-semester sophomore with 40+ credits completed) with at least a 3.0 GPA or (2) have completed or are currently in the process of completing six (6) psychology classes. Those with lower than a 3.0 GPA may still apply, but justification must be provided. Any psychology major or minor, regardless of one's GPA, can apply to become a MENTEE. Exploratory majors can also become a MENTEE.
How to Join: Complete the appropriate application below. Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, and review the "Application Deadlines" information below before submitting.
Application Deadlines: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, however if submitted after the upcoming deadlines below you may have to wait an additional semester to join depending on mentee and mentor availability.
- Fall 2020 Deadline = Friday, September 18th
Questions or Concerns?
E-mail email@example.com or contact one of the 2020-2021 Executive Board officers below:
- President: Katie Sheldon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice President: Maya Huffman (email@example.com)
- Administrator: Lauren Woodbury (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Programming Director: Estrellaasia Velez (email@example.com)
- Social Media Representative:Tom Sonnanstine (firstname.lastname@example.org)