Research interests are in aversively motivated learning and memory processes using animals as models. Major current focus of my lab is on forgetting of stimulus attributes and mechanisms involved in retrograde amnesia.
Courses Frequently Taught
- Learning (undergraduate)
- Learning (graduate)
- Biopsychology of Memory (graduate)
- Briggs, J. F., Fitz, K. I., and Riccio, D. C. (2007). Transfer of memory retrieval cues in rats. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review, 14, 495-499.
- Briggs, J. F. and Riccio, D.C. (2007) Retrograde amnesia for extinction: Similarities with amnesia for original acquisition memories. Learning and Behavior, 35, 131-140.
- Meehan, S. and Riccio, D.C. (2008). Memory phenomena and CTA. In: Schachtman, T. and Reilly, S. Conditioned Taste Aversion: Behavioral and Neural Processes. Oxford Univeristy Press.
- Metzger, M.M. and Riccio, D.C. (2009). The forgetting of stimulus attributes in latent inhibition. Physiology and Behavior, 96, 194-198.
- Caldwell, E. E., and Riccio, D. C. (2010). Alcohol self-administration in rats: Modulation by temporal parameters related to repeated mild social defeat stress. Alcohol, 44, 265-274.
- Jasnow, A. M., Cullen, P. K., and Riccio, D. C. (2012). Remembering another aspect of forgetting. Frontiers in Psychology, 3, 1-8. (Invited paper).
- Gisquet-Verrier, P., & Riccio, D.C. (2012). Memory reactivation effects independent of reconsolidation. Learning and Memory,19, 401-409.
- Lynch, J. F., Cullen, P. K., Jasnow, A. M., and Riccio, D. C. (2013). Sex differences in the forgetting of stimulus attributes. Learning and Memory, 20, 628-632.
- Fava, D. A., & Riccio, D. C. (2014). Mild hypothermia can disrupt extinction learning but not original conditioning. Physiology & Behavior, 125, 54-56.
- Cullen, P. K., Dulka, B. N., Ortiz, S., Riccio, D. C., & Jasnow, A. M. (2014). GABA-mediated presynaptic inhibition is required for precision of long-term memory. Learning & Memory, 21(4), 180-184.
- Gisquet-Verrier, P., Lynch, J. F., Cutolo, P., Toledano, D., Ulmen, A., Jasnow, A., & Riccio, D. C. (in press). Integration of new information with active memory accounts for retrograde amnesia: A challenge to the consolidation/reconsolidation hypothesis? The Journal of Neuroscience.
Ph.D., Princeton University (1962)
Memory Processes, Fear Conditioning, Avoidance Learning, Extinction