Douglas L. Delahanty
Our lab conducts basic research examining early biological predictors of psychopathology (posttraumatic stress disorder [PTSD] and depression) following traumatic events in children and adults. We also examine the impact of trauma history and PTSD on various disease samples (HIV+, surgical patients). Our research focus is translational, involving building on our basic findings to conduct psychological and pharmacological interventions to reduce/prevent the development of PTSD.
Courses Frequently Taught
- Biopsychology (undergraduate)
- Biopsychology (graduate)
- Biological Aspects of Health Psychology (graduate)
- The Psychobiology of Trauma and Resilience Across the Lifespan. (2008). D.L. Delahanty (Ed.). Rowman Publications.
- Kobayashi, I., & Douglas, D. L. (in press). Awake/sleep cortisol levels and the development of posttraumatic stress disorder in injury patients with peritraumatic dissociation. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy.
- Kobayashi, I., & Delahanty, D. L. (in press). Gender differences in subjective sleep after trauma and the development of posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms: a pilot study. Journal of Traumatic Stress.
- Delahanty, D. L., Gabert-Quillen, C., Ostrowski, S. A., Nugent, N. R., Fischer, B., Morris, A., Pitman, R. K., Bon, J., & Fallon, W. (2013). The Efficacy of Initial Hydrocortisone Administration at Preventing Post-traumatic Distress in Adult Trauma Patien
- Irish, L. A., Gabert-Quillen, C. A., Ciesla, J. A., Pacella, M. L., Sledjeski, E. M., & Delahanty, D. L. (2012). An examination of PTSD symptoms as a mediator of the relationship between trauma history characteristics and physical health following a motor
- Irish, L. A., Dougall, A. L., Delahanty, D. L., & Hall, M. (in press). The impact of sleep complaints on physical health and immune outcomes in rescue workers: A one-year prospective study. Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Pacella, M. L., Hruska, D., & Delahanty, D. L. (2013). The physical health consequences of PTSD and PTSD symptoms: a meta-analytic review. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 27(1), 33-46.
- Maccani, M. A., Delahanty, D. L., Nugent, N. R., & Berkowitz, S. J. (in press). Pharmacological secondary prevention of PTSD in youth: Challenges and opportunities for advancement. Journal of Traumatic Stress.
- Kassam-Adams, N., Palmieri, P. A., Rork, K., Delahanty, D. L., Kenardy, J., Kohser, K. L., Landolt, M. A., Le Brocque, R., Marsac, M. L., Meiser-Stedman, R., Nixon, R. D. V, Bui, E., & McGrath, C. (2012). Acute stress symptoms in children: Results from an
- Morris, A., Gabert-Quillen, C., & Delahanty, D. L. (2012). The association between parent PTSD/depression symptoms and child PTSD symptoms: a meta-analysis. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 37(10), 1076-1088.