STEP 1 - Search & Contact Research Labs

If you are a Kent Campus psychology major, take a look at the current list of research labs searching for undergraduate research assistants.  Contact labs of interest for more information.  Each lab is very different and has a different application process.  Most labs are somewhat selective and require at least a 3.0 GPA.  Contact each lab of interest for more information.

  • If you are a Bachelor of Science (BS) major experiencing difficulty getting accepted into a research lab and your GPA is below a 3.0, you might want to strongly consider switching to the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree program – click here for instructions.  BA majors can still complete research experience, it is just not a formal degree requirement (i.e., “Application of Psychological Science Area” on one’s roadmap/GPS) like it is for BS majors.