What is the departmental policy regarding Federal Work Study?

  • One important source of external funding for the Department is Federal Work Study.
  • To be eligible for Federal Work Study, students need to file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
  • It is the Department's expectation that ALL graduate students who expect to be on graduate assistantship or placement will complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine their eligibility for Federal Work Study. While the Department Expects all students to apply, the Department does not require students to accept Federal Work Study.