The Second Annual Kent State University Symposium on Aging
October 28-29, 2015
Kent State University Hotel and Conference Center
2124 S. Depeyster Street, Kent, OH 44240
October 28, 2015, 7:00 P.M.
Keynote Address by Kate Lorig, DrPH, Director of the Stanford Patient Education Research Center and Professor of Medicine in the Stanford School of Medicine. Dr. Lorig is a world-renowned expert on chronic disease self-management and education.
October 29, 8:30 A.M.-5:00 P.M
Symposium sessions featuring:
- Shirley Moore, PhD, Francis Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University
- Stephanie FallCreek, DSW, Fairhill Partners
- Kent State researchers including:
- Gregory C Smith, Ed.D., School of Lifespan Development and Educational Sciences, College of Education, Health and Human Services
- Joel W. Hughes, Ph.D., Department of Psychological Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
- Melissa Zullo, Ph.D., Department of Biostatistics, Environmental Health Sciences & Epidemiology, College of Public Health
- Ann Jacobson, Ph.D., and Lisa Marie Echeverry, DNP, College of Nursing
- Margarita Benitez, Jill Kawalec, Ph.D. and John West, Ph.D. – Diabetic Sensor Sock Project
Registration is free and open to the public. Online registration closes October 7, 2015.