About Research and Economic Development
Our mission is to provide the resources, facilities and services needed for Kent State University faculty, staff and students to conduct groundbreaking, globally relevant research and scholarship.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging in Research Statement
The Division of Research and Economic Development is dedicated to fostering a scholarly climate that equitably inspires creativity, critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and scientific rigor and integrity.
In supporting the expansion of the boundaries of knowledge and understanding through excellence in research, scholarship and creative expression in the sciences, arts, humanities and professional disciplines; we embrace core values that advance the diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in our work. Included in those values are:
- recognizing that we must be fully committed to advancing a culture and community that actively prioritizes diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- supporting the creation of a diverse and inclusive workforce comprised of faculty, students, and staff;
- fostering equitable access to funding opportunities for all researchers and trainees in multiple areas of scholarship, creative expression and community activism
- achieving outcomes that are rigorous, relevant, and accessible to diverse populations, and addressing inequities where they exist.
Overall, we aim to create a community of researchers and scholars that empowers all individuals, expands opportunities and meaningfully honors all voices.
• Build research capabilities in areas of global need
• Increase internal and external resources for research
• Build academic industrial, clinical, government and foundation partnerships
• Expand our economic impact
• Create a culture of student research
• Expand our outreach
Centennial Research Park
Kent State’s Centennial Research Park provides space and support for specialized companies to thrive and grow near the university. The 41,000-square-foot research park houses high-tech start-up companies that have their roots in liquid crystal research activities launched at Kent State.